R.I.P. Toonami, 1997 - 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Not too sure how many of you are into anime, but this kind of killed me when I saw it live on Cartoon Network last weekend.

"...bang!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAX4cgszCU]YouTube - TOM's Farewell: the End of Toonami[/ame]

Bye Bye

Got to love Cartoon Network. They have gotten ride of everything that brought in viewers over the age of 8. Give it time and they'll end Adult Swim. They might as well rename the network Nickeloden.

I probably should've seen the writing on the wall for Toonami after it's weekly afternoon block was "sanitized" for the pre-teen crowd (more tame...family friendly cartoons) and renamed Miguzi back in 2004. The "Midnight Run" era was probably the best IMO. Mostly uncut versions of DBZ as well as introducing me to Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. As a sidenote, ever try describing Bebop to anyone? My best description so far is that its a cross between "Blade Runner" and "Miami Vice", but only with jazz instead of 80's music.