R15 DVR on sale

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We will not charge anything until we actually ship your R15 advance order. You will get a email when we are ready to ship to confirm your order and a second email with the actual tracking #.

-Robert

DTivoFan said:
Am I missing something, or does the rear view only show one Satellite in? Is it a picture of a D10, instead of an R15?

Its a sketch.... but its not of a d10... its misisng a port if it was.... i think its a rough sketch but your right it shows.... Sat in (1) Coax out (1) Ant in (1)

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I'll try to fix the illustration. Don't worry the new R15 is definitely a dual tuner DVR with a 160 gb hard drive.

-Robert

Just ordered. Spoke to realy nice person (male) did not get the name. Maybe it was robert. Whoever this was new his stuff.

This is Dom from Aldan,pa. So if it was robert or whoever thanks agian.

A few questions: Probably been asked elsewhere:

1. Very interested in this new receiver, but do you think it will have the "bugs" prevalent in so many of the new receivers?

2. Interested in High Def DVR in the future after MPEG 4 technology is up and running. Possibility of an upgrade opportunity if I purchase this receiver (R15) now?

3. Last but not least, I've heard some good things about Robert's company, Valueelectronics and have visited website. Seems like a fair and reputable company. Can anyone tell me the experiences they have had with the service and professionalism with install, etc?? Also, Robert, do you guys install phase 3 (3 LNB) dishes AND receivers? I currently have Dishnetwork and have decided to switch to DirecTV. I'm thinking this will not be a difficult install....

Thanks.

1) Who knows? No company wants to release a product with bugs, but the reality (which a lot of us have been involved with) is that for companies, the release date is more important than having zero "known" bugs. So, they will release products knowing that they have some unresolved known bugs and possibly some unforseen ones.

2) Again, who knows? Even the upgrade path stories are rumors at this point. I'd think that there is less insentive for DirecTV to offer "free" upgrade for R15.

3) I've had a very good experience with Robert at VE, just a product purchase, not installation, though.

Hong.

glenglenddd said:
A few questions: Probably been asked elsewhere:

1. Very interested in this new receiver, but do you think it will have the "bugs" prevalent in so many of the new receivers?

2. Interested in High Def DVR in the future after MPEG 4 technology is up and running. Possibility of an upgrade opportunity if I purchase this receiver (R15) now?

3. Last but not least, I've heard some good things about Robert's company, Valueelectronics and have visited website. Seems like a fair and reputable company. Can anyone tell me the experiences they have had with the service and professionalism with install, etc?? Also, Robert, do you guys install phase 3 (3 LNB) dishes AND receivers? I currently have Dishnetwork and have decided to switch to DirecTV. I'm thinking this will not be a difficult install....

Thanks.

1. Since you're coming from Dish Net, you're used to all the bugs no doubt, especially if you had a 522 or 921. My Directivo has been a very bug free machine, always doing what it should. The question is how the new R-15 will be, and for this I have no answer. As far as I know from what I gather from people on these forums and others, Directv is definitely known for putting out far less buggy equipment compared to Dish.

2. No one knows what kind of upgrade opportunities there will be regarding HD if you buy an R-15 now. I will tell you this though, Directv is easier to work with than Dish when it comes to upgrading as a current customer. No "you can't have a 522 because they're only for new customers" type of scenario with Directv.

3. Robert's company has not only sold the equipment for myself, my parent's, my sister, her in-laws including her brother-in-law and sister in-law, but also a few of my sister's co-workers. He also set up installation for all of them. None of them seemed to complain, except that the installer was a wierd dude, which of course Robert has no control over. The installer DID do an excellent job on all installs though, even going so far as to run over 400 ft. of cable in the case of my parent's install. Robert is a man of his word and knows what he's talking about. You'll be happy if you go through him.

Is there a deal for new DirecTV subs? Im considering hopping over the fence from Dish to DTV ...

Note: I'd want a setup two 2 R15's only, but maybe with the capability to add a non-DVR single tuner receiver later.

jrbdmb said:
Is there a deal for new DirecTV subs? Im considering hopping over the fence from Dish to DTV ...

Note: I'd want a setup two 2 R15's only, but maybe with the capability to add a non-DVR single tuner receiver later.

Same deal. $100 per unit. One $100 rebate per household.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)