R15 or R22 which is better?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjd

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I have a R22 and a friend has a R15 we both had Directv installed at the same time. Which receiver is better?

Also when I select to show only the channels I get it will also display channels in the 380 range that I don't get and it will try to record those channels. Directv told me this is normal but that doesn't sound right.

The R22 is essentially a HR21 with HD disabled and it has a larger drive than the R15 so it can record much more content. It also can be networked to support some of the features which the HD DVRs have.

The channels in the 380 range are distant networks and can only be viewed if you are authorized for them. If you set up a favorites list which only contains channels which you can actually view, they will not show up in your guide.

The R22 is essentially a HR21 with HD disabled and it has a larger drive than the R15 so it can record much more content. It also can be networked to support some of the features which the HD DVRs have.

The channels in the 380 range are distant networks and can only be viewed if you are authorized for them. If you set up a favorites list which only contains channels which you can actually view, they will not show up in your guide.

But even though they are not in the favorites list the DVR will still try to record from them if you set up a recording using search. You need to check your "to do" list and delete any recordings trying to use the distant network channels.

the only downfall of the R22 is that theres no Coax out. which can be a problem to some, and if your connecting it to an HD tv (without HD service) or any tv thats 16:9 you cant change it from piller bar. that kinda sux, but I dont see it being fixed anytime soon. yes, R15/R16 is a POS, and probably refurbed. Ive seen some new R16s this week and it shocked the sh*t out of me, but i would bet theyre refurbed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)