r15 - Sports "Channel Not Purchased (721)"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeNJ

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Everything works fine with my r15 except 3 channels!
YES Network, MSG and FSNY. These are my regional sports channels. Getting the "Channel Not Purchased (721)" error.
Spent hours on the phone with Directv and they cant seem to fix it. This is my second R15 that I am attempting to do this with, as the first one went back to the store upon advice from DTV.
Last tech that I spoke with was great, but unable to solve.. He said that I had to wait until the DVR dialed out to DTV to update that information to receive the channels. As of this writing, it apparently has not done so!
Problem is, you can't force a r15 to dial out. (can you?)
I've read in some threads that upgrading the multi switch can solve some issues? I currently have a dual LNB round dish with an RCA multiswitch.
Looking for any solutions to this really annoying issue or Hi-ho back to the store I go!

There is a problem with directv and the RSN's

call directv and talk to techincal support and they can get it fixed by enabling the sportspack and crediting your account the $12 or less....you only get the channels you are missing not all of the channels

Wound up going back to the store and getting an r10.

The techs on the phone obviously are not all aware of this issue. I would have kept the R15 if they offered that workaround. Sounds like a little training issue for their technicians is in order.

I expect, however, since its an authorization issue, they would work out a solution rather quickly. I pulled the trigger and returned it too quickly, I guess.

I would have missed the Dual Tuner Buffering and the To Do list anyway... When all of the new "Features" that are rumored to be on the R15 get added, I probably will go back and get another one...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)