R22-100 Antenna Question (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I moved into an apartment complex that has DirecTV through MDU Communications. They do not have HD yet so I am just getting all SD

My neighbor gave me an Indoor Antenna that he had lying around so I could try and get locals in HD. It is a HDTVa Antenna Pro Terk model.

I set it all up but I couldn't find a plug in the back of the R22-100 to plug the antenna in so I put into into the "Ant In" slot of my HDTV.

I guess my next few questions are....how do I view the channels....or can I even do this?

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
If your TV set has an ATSC tuner built in you need to scan for channels on the TV set. The R22 doesn not have a tuner built in. The AM21 is $50 from D* and connects to the R22.

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U which has an ATSC tuner.

I am just trying to figure out how to scan channels

Thanks for the response!

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Sigh, my TV expertise shined through

I couldn't scan the channels because I kept hitting the menu button when the input2 option was selected (which is what DirecTV is on) and when i went to the TV input option, it scanned and worked

I do see that I will have to get that $50 thing to have the DirecTV box use them.

Will i be able to record if I get that DirecTV $50 thingy :)

SnowVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
The AM21 is $50 from D* and connects to the R22.

Boba, I just got off the phone with DirecTV and she was telling me not to order the AM21 because it would not work with a R22-100 but had to be with a HD-DVR and some other stuff.

Is that true?

Or should I just order the AM21 anyway and set it up with my R22-100

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Call D* and select tech support, also do a search for R22 and AM21. It works but the R22 is a bastardized receiver that isn't well supported on D* training procedure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts