Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisK114

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Mount Pleasant,SC
Shouldn't the R-22 pick up the HD channels if you have the HD packge? I thought since it was MPEG4 capable it would. I know it won't show them in HD resolution, but they should be there right?

No, because the R22 is not a HD receiver. MPEG-4 does not mean HD, since it is also used for SD locals in certain markets.

Again, I know it won't show a HD channel in HD resolution, but it has the the ability to show MPEG4 channels. I am one that uses the R22 to get my SD locals. They use the HD feeds for those SD locals, at least they do in my area. I am well aware that MPEG4 does not mean HD, but D* uses MPEG4 for their HD channels, so it should be able to at least show the HD feed. The reason I think it would be useful is for MRV when it starts getting rolled out sometime this year.

Seeing it is a SD receiver the answer is no. But please go ahead and call Directv and ask them to authorize the HD channels on your SD receiver because it can receive MPEG4.

It has been reported that the R22 could decode the HD channels but it requires a firmware update to do so. Thus turning it into an HR22. There have been no reports of DirecTV doing this. They'd rather lease actual HR22s.

Okay let me explain my thinking. I am a CE'er and have a HR20 and a R22. Since the feed for my locals that the r22 uses is the local HD feed, when I record a local program on the R22 that is in HD, and I try to watch the recording on my HR20 using MRV, the show is then shown in HD. Even though it is SD on the R22. It would be nice to be able to record a HD channel on the R22 and be able to watch it in HD on the HR20. Does that make sense? Since the R22 can decode MPEG4 channels and since it uses the local HD feed for my locals as my SD locals, I didn't know if there was something wrong with my setup that wasn't allowing me to see the HD version of channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts