Rachet & Clank It's an awesome game!

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
So, I've played this game today (demo) just by playing the demo I was hooked, the game itself is fun and very entertaining.
The graphics are very good, the game play is amazing, and the game runs very smooth, even when there were several things going at the same time the game kept running smooth, some games usually choke a bit, but not in this case, I think I may go make a trip at my local Costco to buy Rachet & Clank.

So, I've played this game today (demo) just by playing the demo I was hooked, the game itself is fun and very entertaining.
The graphics are very good, the game play is amazing, and the game runs very smooth, even when there were several things going at the same time the game kept running smooth, some games usually choke a bit, but not in this case, I think I may go make a trip at my local Costco to buy Rachet & Clank.
I have the game on the PS3. I never had a game choke on the Xbox. There is no excuse for one to choke on the PS3.

I have the game on the PS3. I never had a game choke on the Xbox. There is no excuse for one to choke on the PS3.

It really is impossible for you to comment on something without taking a swipe at it, isn't it?

You must be the lucky one, because I did a quick google on "360 frame rate issues" and this was just one of the 208,000 results....

Frame rate issues - Xbox 360 Exile

Yes, I realize it's an old thread, but your claim of "I've never had one choke" seems pretty ludicrous, unless you're supremely lucky, haven't ever played a game that requires anything of your 360, or are lying.

I have had many games choke/bog down etc on the 360 & PS3, and many that worked fine on both, its nothing to do with the systems, its the developers not utilizing the full functionality of the new generation of systems.

and of course, now Vurbano will now whine about how developers are having a hard time doing things on the PS3.... all i have to say is play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to see what can be done when developers take there time to learn how to use the PS3, its graphics and game play are equal to if not better than the best titles the 360 has to offer.

I have had many games choke/bog down etc on the 360 & PS3, and many that worked fine on both, its nothing to do with the systems, its the developers not utilizing the full functionality of the new generation of systems.

and of course, now Vurbano will now whine about how developers are having a hard time doing things on the PS3.... all i have to say is play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to see what can be done when developers take there time to learn how to use the PS3, its graphics and game play are equal to if not better than the best titles the 360 has to offer.

Exactly.

And yes, Ratchet is a great game as well...

Stop it!

You might get me to try the demo and even, gawd forbid, buy the game. My PS3 is used only for movies! :p

No time for anything else, anyway.

i usually dont play these types of games, but after reading the reviews i bought a used copy of ebay and i cant stop playing the damn thing. very fun game, although its pissing my wife off because i dont go to bed till1 or 2am....

I bought the PS3 for BD as I am not a gamer, but as soon as I played the R&C demo that's all I wanted for X-mas. And thankfully got! Next on my list... Drake's Fortune. Those demos get me everytime.

I bought the PS3 for BD as I am not a gamer, but as soon as I played the R&C demo that's all I wanted for X-mas. And thankfully got! Next on my list... Drake's Fortune. Those demos get me everytime.

I've loved the Ratchet series but haven't had time to finish TOD yet..... and I just got Drake for Christmas - after playing it for the first time last night, I think it's going to be quite a while before I play Ratchet again...

I played the demo and I had no idea what I was doing, no instructions at all. I died and it sent me back to the beginning. I thought the demo sucked. The graphics are good but dropping you in the middle of a world with no instructions sucked. I have it on the way from Gamefly so hopefully starting it from the beginning will be better.

minorthr, which game do you have coming from Gamefly? Drake or Ratchet? I'm curious because I just had a really bad experience with another online game rental company Gottaplay, who would take weeks to send me my next game and didn't have anything available for the PS3 that was released in the past 6 months (they were all on "Long Waits"). Is Gamefly much better in your experience?

I've loved the Ratchet series but haven't had time to finish TOD yet..... and I just got Drake for Christmas - after playing it for the first time last night, I think it's going to be quite a while before I play Ratchet again...

Funny you should say that, because although a have a few new games to play, including R&C, I still go back and play the Drake's demo. I'll definitely be looking out for some sales on it in the coming weeks. :D

Zookster, I believe he is talking about R&C, it happened to me too, died half way thru and had to restart from the beginning, the thing was minorthr, is that you didn't get to the checkpoint, that is why you had to go back.
After past that level, there are short checkpoints, so you don't have to go back too far.
Overall I love this game, I am getting it soon, its fun and addictive, and since I beat Uncharted drake 2x. The only game in my library that I don't have enough to beat is Assassins Creed, that game is soo long.
I am also in the process of beating CoD4. I am also investing some time on RFoM Multiplayer, and Warhawk (I am teh suxor in this game).

BTW, any of you guys going to be on PSN tonight?
I will be playing CoD4, Warhawk, and probably few other multiplayer games.
Hit me up, I am IcEWoLF on the PSN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)