Radio on Azbox HD Premium Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
Hello, all!

I have an issue with my Azbox that has always troubled me - to a point I rarely listen to radio via satellite.

When I hit the "TV/Radio" button on the remote control, it starts moving the dish off of the current satellite. In other receivers I've owned, when I toggled between tv and radio, it would stay put on the same bird, typically on the previously watched channel. With the Azbox, even if I listen to a radio station on, say, for example, 95w, then go back to watching a tv channel on that very satellite, if I hit the radio button again it starts moving the dish towards 97w or 101w, or farther - in an apparently erratic fashion.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks, guys.

It has been awhile since I have had radio ch`s scanned in as radio ch`s on my AZPlus.Last time was when the ch`s were still available on Galaxy 17 and I do not ever recall an issue like what is being described.One thing you can do if it can not be resolved is scan your radio ch`s in manual pid entry and they will be in your tv menu.I do that here with AMC 1.

One thing you can do if it can not be resolved is scan your radio ch`s in manual pid entry and they will be in your tv menu.I do that here with AMC 1.

That sounds like an interesting solution. Now, how do I scan radio channels in manual PID entry?

Since you mentioned 95 I scanned in the radio ch`s and changed back and forth from tv/radio many times with no issue at all of my dish moving.It went right back to the last tv ch that was being viewed.This is using an ASC1 positioner for 1 of my BUD`s using Diseqc commands.What type of setup do you have pjcl?.Cband--,Vbox,Gbox,ASC1?..Ku-- Diseqc,usals?.

After tinkering a bit with that I reloaded my previous list and did a manual pid entry of a single radio ch on 95.I just duplicated what was given to me after a normal scan using MT101 for example.

Go into Advanced scan,select correct TP Frequency ( 12050 H 20000 ) scroll down to PID Edit,hit the green button to add then go to work duplicating the pids that you had saved from a normal scan.After all radio ch`s are deleted and ch`s are scanned back in using this method I would back up your sat ch list and save it for future in case of any corruption.

Good luck.

Since you mentioned 95 I scanned in the radio ch`s and changed back and forth from tv/radio many times with no issue at all of my dish moving.It went right back to the last tv ch that was being viewed.This is using an ASC1 positioner for 1 of my BUD`s using Diseqc commands.What type of setup do you have pjcl?.Cband--,Vbox,Gbox,ASC1?..Ku-- Diseqc,usals?.

After tinkering a bit with that I reloaded my previous list and did a manual pid entry of a single radio ch on 95.I just duplicated what was given to me after a normal scan using MT101 for example.

Go into Advanced scan,select correct TP Frequency ( 12050 H 20000 ) scroll down to PID Edit,hit the green button to add then go to work duplicating the pids that you had saved from a normal scan.After all radio ch`s are deleted and ch`s are scanned back in using this method I would back up your sat ch list and save it for future in case of any corruption.

Good luck.

I'm going to try that. Thank you.

Good luck.

Hey, Hockeynut. I tried to follow the instructions, but I wasn't sucessful. What do you mean "duplicate"? Where? I can't even tell what the PID's for the MTIs are... I'm using USALS, by the way, and to answer your question.

Last edited:
Take a look at your pids in pid edit before you delete the radio ch`s.Write down your info MT101,etc,etc...Which ch`s you want....Then delete them....Reboot after deleting and then follow instructions.They will be there in your tv ch`s pjcl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)