Radio S**** power supply for Voom OTA

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Hi,

Does anyone have a link for an independent power supply for the Voom OTA antennas? I've read that one is available, but have been unable to locate it on Radio S****'s website.
I'm able to view all my local OTA channels's through the Voom receiver, but would like to ultimately be able to view them though my TV's built-in HDTV Tuner in case VOOM does indeed ask for the receiver's back.

Voom OTA

Videomax said:
Hi,

Does anyone have a link for an independent power supply for the Voom OTA antennas? I've read that one is available, but have been unable to locate it on Radio S****'s website.
I'm able to view all my local OTA channels's through the Voom receiver, but would like to ultimately be able to view them though my TV's built-in HDTV Tuner in case VOOM does indeed ask for the receiver's back.

I would like to add to Videomax's question two more. Do both the Winegard Sensar and the Winegard PR8800 (which Voom upgraded me to) depend on a power source? My Second question is what will happen in event of a power outage to the Voom boxes (simulated hard reboot)? Will the channel info be there still? So far so good though! Thanks!
Wayne

Here's a link:

http://www.summitsource.com/prods/AMW937.html

I'm interested in where this unit would actually go. Because it has 2 coax inputs, I'm guessing I can just put it where my voom box now is. My antenna is in my attic so I could also power it there, though that seems like I may need to re-do my coax runs then, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know if the Dish 942 can power an OTA? It doesn't look like it but I figured I'd ask before I buy one of these.

Thanks,
Sean

The power supplys two coax inputs are labeled, to tv, to antenna. So all you really need to add is a jumper from it to the tv input.

Unplug and bye bye OTA channel info!

Wayne88 said:
My Second question is what will happen in event of a power outage to the Voom boxes (simulated hard reboot)? Will the channel info be there still? So far so good though! Thanks!
Wayne

Well I found the (probably obvious) answer to my question. When I unplugged one of my 3 Voom boxes during an aborted (temporarily) Comcast install. Then plugged it back in, the OTA channels came in fine but (not surprisingly) the OTA station info was gone. With thunderstorms and power outages around the corner, it is a matter of time before the other 2 Voom boxes suffer the same fate. Hey but at least they work for HD (in case Comcast goes down)!
Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)