Radio Shack 9' sat dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't rule out the old LNB's. Most of them were made better than the stuff you get today. I run a California Amplifier 1989 vintage 40 degree LNB. It's the same one cable companies used back then. Cost me $200.00 in 1989. It works with everything I throw at it digital. Be it DVB or 4DTV.

Most of these new LNB's designs have been cheapened. Low noise temps like 17 and so don't mean all that much. There is allot of things that need to be right for an LNB to perform well. It's all in the design and true (NOT HYPED) spec's.

I am still using an old lnb from the golden era of analog sat tv with my chaparral feedhorn (I couldnt tell you the noise or other specs since the info on the tag has long since disappeared), and it gets almost every available dig channel on C band, but Im still borderline on a couple of channels so I just ordered a brand new DMX211 13K one thinking I might be able to get those. I hope it does improve my signal, will keep everyone posted!

Everything is still in box's. I don't think I ever opened them but give me about a week and I will see what I can do. The box's are all over my parents house and they have been bugging me for years to do something with it. I came across this site not too long ago and the holidays were not too far off so my parents asked me again about doing something with it.

I found my brother-in-laws H to H mount which is missing the motor.

Whenever you can get a chance, could you post a picture of the motor and any info on the motor??? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts