Radio Shack Bankruptcy Near?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's so cool! I thought I was one of a very few that loved the 100 in 1 project kits! I had two different kinds of those in the early 80's, 100 in 1 in 1982 the other in 1984 which was a 160 in 1 kit I think; that featured LED's and IC chips. My favorite of course was the FM transmitter project. That's what got me started in my interest in electronics and my short 9 year stint working at a radio station in the 90's. Later on when I was too cheap to buy an extra electronic part, I pulled one from the project kits to use. :) I wonder if anyone still sells those project kits to teach the next generations? :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looked in my filing cabinet and found a Radio Shack catalog from 1999. It even has the telephone I still use "200-memory speakerphone with alphanumric display"

Wow. All my display phones long since bit the dust. Loved 'em, but they didn't seem to last. Finally couldn't find any more for sale.

with the closing of stores got some great deals
-3 foot TV tripod for 3.50
-5 foot mast for 1.50 (grabbed 2)
-AntennaCraft C490 antenna for 8.69 (this is a monster)

might go back and grab some of those 2x4 "Directv" multiswitches. The tag said 1.97 but with 80 or 90% off it would be pennies :)

Reactions: Cosmo Blatz
Anyone interested in a walk down memory way, look for a website www.radioshackcatalogs.com, they have the archived catalogs from 1940 along with other memorabilia. They sold lots of different merchandise back in the day.

My store claims they are not closing. I don't think we know all the answers yet. I hope some remain open.

Reactions: fred555
049.jpg

Reactions: spongella and N5XZS
After looking over the spreadsheet of all the store closings in the US, it appears to me that MOST of them are located in large malls, which probably have very high rental costs.

Anyone interested in a walk down memory way, look for a website www.radioshackcatalogs.com, they have the archived catalogs from 1940 along with other memorabilia. They sold lots of different merchandise back in the day.
was posted earlier ;)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3526191/

My store claims they are not closing. I don't think we know all the answers yet. I hope some remain open.
some will remain open from what I have heard. If they are closing you'll see the signs ;) (literally)

After looking over the spreadsheet of all the store closings in the US, it appears to me that MOST of them are located in large malls, which probably have very high rental costs.
including the one in Mall of America
quick tidbit...when MOA opened they had TWO Radio Shacks (I worked in both of them) :)

The one where I use to live just moved into a different strip mall about 2 years ago. The tripod I snagged still had the old addy (I worked in that store too)

Looks like they just closed our RS here. Didn't get any major deals but I bought a few transistors, resistors, and DB9 connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)