Radioshack Accurian

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsr2002

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2005
South Texas
Hi,

My Accurian will not pick up sound from my PBS station :( . It is the only channel that I can't get audio on, the rest are fine. I am getting a 94% signal from it so I don't get it.. I tried my HUMAX out on it and get the audio no problem. Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• IM000798.jpg
    IM000798.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 216
Are you doing Stereo or Dolby digital 5.1? My PBS was "silent" for a couple of days, so I called them. The problem was on their end.

Jim5506 said:
Are you doing Stereo or Dolby digital 5.1? My PBS was "silent" for a couple of days, so I called them. The problem was on their end.

I tried running it thru the sound system then tried with just the TV speakers. Anyways the HUMAX in the bedroom is picking it up with sound. I can't blame the unit cause the other channels are coming thru. :(

Addendum to my last post:
When my Accurian would not pick up sound from PBS, my Samsung SIR-T351 would, so I did not call the station at first, but after about 2 weeks I called and when they investigated it was a problem with their signal output.

OK, I just bought an Accurian tuner off ebay. The picture is great but the remote is horrible. I programmed my OTA 8811 remote to control the box which works very well. My big problem is the EPG. When I launch the guide, the picture and sound go away and the guide doesn't appear for about 20 seconds. If I'm lucky, the guide will be populated with data. If I scroll down to display additional channels the thing spends another 20 seconds trying to pull the extra station's info in. Is this normal? It effectively renders the guide useless. For perspective, I'm coming from Dish Network receivers. I wasn't expecting 9 days of guide data of course but the incredibly slow EPG display and obviously miniscule amount of memory is disturbing. Are there other boxes that have a better EPG or are they all dog slow compared to sat receivers?

The EPG on OTA is just what the stations provide, usually almost nothing (at least my experience).

All OTA tuners that I have seen gather EPG exhibit this same behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)