Rain Fade ugrade in central FL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunsetsat

Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
I have read questions regarding bigger dishes vs. smaller dishes pertaining to rain fade. We upgrade our customers to 24" for $65 installed, and 30" for $95 installed. Our prices are very fair, and we do this due to the extreme weather in central Florida on a daily basis. It helps with outages and down-time.
All work is performed by SBCA certified techs and any concerns are addressed upfront. Feel free to email for further questions...or call toll free 1-888-580-8899 for more info if you live in central Florida. :)

I had mine upgraded to a 30" dish due to rain fade. It has worked very well since. I live in the Orlando area. Prices quoted look fair and appropriate to me unless you want to do it yourself.

I think Directv should take care of the rain fade issue with installing bigger dishes if rain fade is a major problem.

I agree that Directv/DISH should offer some credit for upgrading to larger dishes. However, they don't, and it is business for us as a company. The standard 18" was the choice due to asthetics with actually an acceptable level of performance....for customers in "most" states. All were trying to do, besides stay in business, is offer an enhancement to the services. Though nothing is "rain fade proof," if we can reduce the outages & down-time...the more enjoyable the service can be. Thanks everyone for your replies!!

And still no one noticed that this is more an ad than a discussion post?

Actually, I didn't realize that larger dishes for DirectTV were even available. Are they that much better and is it just rain fade that they help aleviate?

Ad...or no ad. View it how you wish. After all, people here are asking questions, seeking answers. I provided an answer regarding upgrading dishes. And yes...for those who wish not to tackle the upgrade themselves, I offered my services. If you look at this whole site, everyone offering help is "selling." They're "selling" themselves and the knowledge they have for whatever reason...for money, notoriety, or advising on a product/service that will in turn....be an "AD" for someone else. My humble apologies for those of which my "help" has offended.

Upgrade dishes for Directv come in 24inch and 30inch sizes. Both have the same size mast socket on the polar plate as a standard 18inch dish. 1 5/8" dia. However, these dishes are heavier and come with longer masts to compensate for swinging the dish left to right for alignment. Anchoring to a solid surface is a must, due to the heavier dish and windload on the larger surface area of the reflector.
Commercial sites use the larger dishes mostly to combat rain fade. Bars, restaraunts, stores or anywhere satellite is either viewed by the public, or demonstrated and sold to the public...use these bigger dishes. Obviously, they don't want patrons to see pixelating screens during a program during a rainy day or even severe rain....and these bigger dishes help fight just that. Less outages, less down-time. Cable companies LOVE to advertise how satellite goes out even in the slightest cloud cover....not true!
Bigger dishes are also used in fringe areas for spot beam technology regarding locals. The bigger dishes help collect the weaker signals in those fringe areas of the DMA's. This mostly applies to DISH Net customers, since they use more "spot beam" sats for local programming in rural areas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)