Rain Fade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

winky3

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have been having trouble with loss of picture when ever it rains lately. Heavy rain is normal but light drizzles do it on sat 129. I noticed charle on the latest tech chat said the new sat will give a stonger signal and will fire up at the end of the month. Will this replace the old 129 sat I hope?
Charlie said the new sat is much more powerful that what they were using.
I have signals either at 0 of 6 to8 on drizzles.

I started to have some fade issues and I found it was due to LNB drift. Once I had that fixed everything was back to normal. Do a check switch and see if any drift is detected...it could be the culprit for you current trouble.

I have the 129 sat and most of my transponders have a strength between 50 and 60. During a strong rain, mysignal will drop to 10- 12, and I realize that most of the country has levels on the 129 between 35 and 45. Knowing this, means that most others are searching for signal when I am barely watching TV. Word has it the new Sat slated for the 129 will be in the power zone as the 110. Lets hope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts