Raleigh NBC channel not on

joefloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
nc
Anyone else having problems with NBC-17 Raleigh dropping. About 1/2 the time, all I get is a yellow screen. I'm gettng it in HD on 61.5 sattelite. Also, When I go to the System Info screen in the Installation menu, it says I'm getting loss of signal on both tuners on both of my receivers. Anyone else in eastern NC with this problem?

Due to Maintenance on Tower

I had noticed the same thing over the past week or so - always during the day. I had a couple of recordings of Days of Our Lives that were a solid yellow-green screen. One time I happened to be watching live and switched to the OTA signal and got no signal there either. So, I checked NBC17s website.

Since I'm new I can't post the actual link here but if you go to nbc17 dot com and click on the Blogs link on the right hand side of the screen. Then look for the Digital TV blog. There's a programming alert entry that explains what is going on. Maybe someone who's not a new member can post the actual link.

Short story - they have to shut down everything on the tower so WRAL can replace an antenna. Looks like the work has been delayed a few times due to weather. They shut down today (12/29) at 9am - no up time listed.

I am seeing the same thing. They had scheduled some tower repairs earlier this month, but those should be complete by now. More likely is it the usual NBC17 incompetence I see from them everyday.

Ted

I guess it the station and the antenna work must be the reason. When I do menu 6-1-1, I get 68 signal strength. Funny thing, I called my installer and shortly after I spoke to him, I quit getting the loss of signal errors reporting. Haven't had any more all day. He said he was coming by Tuesday to check everything.

Getting the yellow screen on the HD channels and a "Don't Call Us" message on the SD channel, so I guess they are at it again.

Ted

Same yellow screen on the HD channel. The SD channel (8752) has had a placeholder screen on for several days now saying "temporary issues - please do not call".

3+ days is no longer temporary in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)