Ran out of money, can not afford DISH. Best options here?

Retailers get paid less for Former customers and on Dish Referrals because Dish doesn't think the retailer had to work as hard to make the sale.

Retailers get paid less for Former customers and on Dish Referrals because Dish doesn't think the retailer had to work as hard to make the sale.

If you use a referral on a former it's a wash. You still get the same amount regardless.

I find it odd that a pre-paid account gets some grace period before service is turned off. Then, when you pay to restart, the time you lost is counted against you even though you had no service. I had the same thing happen to me and had to bicker with a couple of agents before getting my 6 days of credit. I was going to turn the service off and turn it back on during travel season, but I hated to lose HD for Life and EHD data. I keep a minimal Spanish pack on there now for my wife.

If you still have unreturned leased equipment, even if you pay for it, or a balance, even credit balance, then you will not qualify. You have to have a zero balance and disco for 60 days with no leased equipment. I found it weird that equipment clause, but it makes sense if they think they will not return the equipment

I know Comcast have chat but not Directv

I was a (more or less satisfied) Comcast customer for over 2 years before they demolished the apartment building that had all the CATV equipment. They never had a Chat option, at least for Houston TX (formerly Time Warner Cable). But, they did have an office you could physically go to and talk to someone face to face, so if the converter broke or something, you could change it out the same day. You might be in that office for a few hours, but you could get it done.

I find it odd that a pre-paid account gets some grace period before service is turned off. Then, when you pay to restart, the time you lost is counted against you even though you had no service. I had the same thing happen to me and had to bicker with a couple of agents before getting my 6 days of credit. I was going to turn the service off and turn it back on during travel season, but I hated to lose HD for Life and EHD data. I keep a minimal Spanish pack on there now for my wife.

It was a very tiny grace period of only a couple of days. There was at least 2 good solid weeks where I had NO service except for a few preview stations. Then they wanted me to pay for 2 weeks of NO service which wasn't gonna fly. Fortunately they gave me the credit, and also I finalized the sale of my business today which should resolve my financial issues going forward - although I will be seriously considering AT&T U-Verse for both TV and ISP, since the Clearwire ISP is going to shut down soon.

You will regret it going to U-Verse for TV although the service varies from state to state, and how far you are from the VRAD which looks like this (the one on the right)
800px-Vrad_on_turkey_creek.png

but for internet is okay.

You will regret it going to U-Verse for TV although the service varies from state to state, and how far you are from the VRAD which looks like this (the one on the right)View attachment 99450

If not for a highrise building I could see the VRAD from one of my windows. The actual wiring is basically an L shape from the VRAD to my building, I am sure it will be 150% adequate for a more than adequate VDSL line. It's a good connection and I don't expect any problems. Maybe if I had a been a regular 2 year contract DISH customer, it would be a good deal but I paid almost $300 cash for equipment and all I got in exchange was 1 month of free HBO and Showtime. It's kind of a raw deal paying $80 for AT200 + HD + the fee for 922, and then also, $50 for Clearwire ISP, when for about $95per month I can get AT&T's U200 AND PLUS, their broadband internet that is better than Clearwire. Even after the promo ends I think it will be around $120 on AT&T vs $135 for DISH/Clear.

Trust me, I would rather give my dollars to DISH than The Former Ma Bell but I have to consider the best deal here. Clear is BARELY an adequate ISP just for normal stuff.

Title says almost all of it. Can't afford DISH anymore this month. They have cut it off already. I can watch OTA and the free preview channels. That's fine.

I don't have a contract or anything. There is no way in hell I could possibly afford DISH again until at least next month after I get paid. Since I already got a $300 advance from July, it's extremely likely I can't afford DISH until August.

Should I just tell them I cancel until August? I mean, I don't want to have to pay some bill in August, that includes almost 2 weeks of DISH that I couldn't have possibly seen (free preview channels excluded).

Since you aren't under a contract, you might just get rid of them all together. Keep your internet service and get Hulu Plus or Netflix. Dish just isn't worth keeping in my opinion. I switched to DTV from them. When I moved to the big city a year ago, I switched to AT&T U-Verse and have enjoyed it from the day I first got it.

You will regret it going to U-Verse for TV although the service varies from state to state, and how far you are from the VRAD which looks like this (the one on the right)View attachment 99450
U-Verse internet is amazing I have their max package so I can be able to use it to work from home for my job on occasion. Well worth every penny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)