random channel changes and going into menus

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I have a 722 set up in single mode. Every now and again, the channel will change, or it will bring up a menu. Different every time, but usually channel changes, which is especially annoying when I'm watching something dvr'd. (speaking of dvr, is has never disrupted a recording). I use a harmony one, and no other equipment acts up, so I don't believe it's that acting up. All I can think is that it's someone else's Dish remote for a tv2 making it happen. Although I believe that would be improbable in single mode. What do you guys think? BTW, I never had this problem until my first 722 hard drive died, and I had Dish replace it with the current one.

Your gonna have to change the remote address. It sounds like you have a neighbor with a remote set to the same address. It does happen in single mode. It happened to me when I moved into my new house a few months ago.

or
Since you are using a harmony remote and nt the Dish UHF remote you could just remove the little antenna from the back of the receiver.

or
Since you are using a harmony remote and nt the Dish UHF remote you could just remove the little antenna from the back of the receiver.

OK, antenna is removed. I'll let it go a couple of days and see how that works.

Your gonna have to change the remote address. It sounds like you have a neighbor with a remote set to the same address. It does happen in single mode. It happened to me when I moved into my new house a few months ago.

I thought that you could just change the address on the remote itself. Can it be changed on the receiver? I'd probably want to do that, to double the protection.

Thanks guys

To change your remote number you need to hit the system information screen on your receiver. Then push the Sat button on remote & hold it down till all the buttons on top light up. Release the sat button and punch in the number of your choice like 5 , then hit the number sign, then press record . This should change the remote address on your tv screen to 5 also. The remote & receiver will now be set to 5.

To change your remote number you need to hit the system information screen on your receiver. Then push the Sat button on remote & hold it down till all the buttons on top light up. Release the sat button and punch in the number of your choice like 5 , then hit the number sign, then press record . This should change the remote address on your tv screen to 5 also. The remote & receiver will now be set to 5.
But you're going to need the TV2 UHF remote to do this. Because that's the address you want to change.

OK, thanks guys. I'll have to dig around in the attic for the tv2 remote. But I did remove the antenna, and my wife will let me know if the problem persists.

I'm not quite sure how UHF could be interfering with it when the antenna is disconnected.

I'm not quite sure how UHF could be interfering with it when the antenna is disconnected.

I believe because he just removed the uhf antenna now since we told him it wasn't needed. Now that the antenna is removed, when he finds his uhf remote he can drive his neighbor crazy with change channels, etc. :D

I believe because he just removed the uhf antenna now since we told him it wasn't needed. Now that the antenna is removed, when he finds his uhf remote he can drive his neighbor crazy with change channels, etc. :D

Actually, the first thing he can do is change his neighbor's unit to a different UHF address ant next drive him crazy and an inability to control. :)

Actually, the first thing he can do is change his neighbor's unit to a different UHF address ant next drive him crazy and an inability to control. :)

There is one neighbor in particular I'd love to do that to, but I don't think she's the one with Dish... :D

Anyway, no problems yet since I removed the antenna

It would seem that that fixed your problem. It also means that you might be playing havoc with your neighbor. Wanna look at some risque channels.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts