Random Reboots

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lynnjohn13

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2012
PA
I have the original Hopper (w/o Sling) with the Sling adapter, and one Joey. I have noticed since the most recent software update that the Hopper will reboot when first turning it on in the morning. This has happened 3 or 4 times now, whether I use the Hopper or Joey. Once it reboots, it works fine the rest of the day. Anyone else see this?

Are you sure you do not switch off the power to the receiver?
Basically it remains on all the time although the output switches to just the floating text.
-Ken

No I'm sure it is going through a total reboot. Hasn't done it every day, but I don't remember it happening like this until the latest software update. Any Dish Techs reading this?

Just a follow up, I disabled the HDMI CEC (as suggested) on the Joey, not the Hopper, and it hasn't happened since. Don't know why...

I have the original Hopper (w/o Sling) with the Sling adapter, and one Joey. I have noticed since the most recent software update that the Hopper will reboot when first turning it on in the morning. This has happened 3 or 4 times now, whether I use the Hopper or Joey. Once it reboots, it works fine the rest of the day. Anyone else see this?

Same here....Same setup..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)