Random Signal Issue Upon Start-up

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
We've had the 922 going on 2 months now, and my only complaint is a random, yet all too frequent issue in which my Denon AV equipment doesn't register getting a signal from the 922 upon start-up. All lights are on, but Denon created image on TV says "no signal". This happens about every other day, and the only way to fix it is to unplug and plug the 922 back in. As soon as you do, the Slingbox image is visible on the TV and all eventually shows up...you just have to wait 5 minutes for the usual start-up process. I called DISH about this early on and they said they would send me a new software load, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I'm about ready to call them back. Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this?

I would be happy to help you with this issue, Pakbackr, as I found it intriguing. In order to fully understand the situation, there are a couple of questions I need to ask you. What type of cable connection do you have from the 922 receiver to the TV? Also, could you describe what the Denon AV equipment is?

Let me know and will look forward to hearing from you!

Is it possible that the Denon is receiving the "screen saver" and thinking that it is not a usable signal and shutting down, then rebooting the 922 causes the Denon to "wake" again? Just a random thought. So turning the Denon off and then back on, or unplugging it didn't fix it either, just unplugging the 922?

MikeL my guess would be that it's hooked up with HDMI since he's using an AV receiver on a 922, but it is just a guess of course because he could be using Component or Composite, but the chances of those 2 are about 0.1%.

So it sounds to me like 922 --> HDMI --> Denon --> HDMI -->TV
Well, that is the most common way with the Denon.

I think I have discovered the issue. When powering up my three units (TV, Denon receiver and the 922), I was following a logical sequence of pressing the device button and then the power button. This works for the Denon and the TV, but I have discovered that whenever you press the "SAT" device button, it has been programmed to automatically turn on the 922 without having to press the power button. But it takes 2-3 seconds for the lights to come on, so you don't immediately know you have power...I certainly wasn't seeing the lights before I pressed the power button. I suppose the remote was sending out a "turn on" command, followed quickly by a "turn off" command, and this must have essentially frozen my 922...or at a minimum screwed up communications with my Denon. Once I noticed this quirk, and simply pressed "SAT" and waited for the 922 to power up, we haven't had the problem since.

What if we bypass the denon. Or atleast just do a HDMI reset as opposed to a hard reset on the rcvr.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using SatelliteGuys

Checked the HDMI status and it checks out ok...not sure how to perform an HDMI reset. I noticed last night when we experienced the problem, when the 922 fired back up, my wireless broadband connection was red (an issue with the 922 as my laptop and iPad had strong connection). I intend to check this everytime now to see if there is a connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)