Random Thoughts- Been a while since I've done so

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Haven't done this in a while- random thoughts time!

1. More likely to finish with a winning record this fall- Raiders or Lions?

2. I was at the Taste of Chicago last Wednesday- delicious stuff. Turkey tips, rib tips, big turkey legs, cheesecake, and chocolate-dipped frozen bananas.

3. Sandra, are the Rangers ever going to figure out how to put together a decent offense? Too many times they have lived and died with Lundqvist.

4. I am VERY pleased with the Sabres off-season moves so far. We have a scorer in Leino and a capable defensive duo in Ehrhoff/Regehr. Bill, don't underestimate Buffalo this winter!

5. John Lackey needs to take some time off. He doesn't seem right this year.

6. The Pittsburgh Pirates are looking respectable so far. It's been a long time since I've seen that.

7. Hard to believe it's been 3 years since I first joined this site. I apologize for my recent lack of posts, but I'll be a lot more active during football/hockey/basketball in the fall.

8. Why is the MLB All Star Game getting less and less ratings/viewers over time? Back in 1976, it drew a 27.1 rating. Last year- an all-time low 7.5 that lags behind the Pro Bowl. My, how times have changed.

9. I think that Adrian Gonzalez guy is working out pretty nicely in Boston.

10. Whatever happened to Anders? I miss that guy.

11. The Indians are one bat away from separation between themselves and the rest of the AL Central.

12. IF the NBA and NFL are not playing in the fall, the NHL and college hoops stand to benefit the most potentially.

13. Who is your team's biggest defector/traitor ever?

14. I was at a wedding ceremony last month- and caught the garter.

15. Which baseball stadium is most hitter-friendly in your eyes?

16. Finally, I will be heading out on a vacation tomorrow- will be overseas in Europe for two and a half weeks (I come back on the 24th). I'll try and keep up with you guys while I'm gone. Make sure you cover up for my absences at time (Sandra and Ramy were gone at times recently; I'm trusting you guys to make the third time a charm.)

Lions

6. The Pittsburgh Pirates are looking respectable so far. It's been a long time since I've seen that.

Pittsburgh hasn't had as much to root for in the offseason since the acquittal of Big Ben and his underage drunken affairs.

11. The Indians are one bat away from separation between themselves and the rest of the AL Central.

The biggest surprise this year has been the pitching. The starting rotation has been solid and the bullpen has been absolutely stellar. (Second in the league next to the Yankees). Come playoff time, pitching matters most. And we have it. BTW, can you imagine this staff if we hung onto Sabathia and Cliff Lee?! Ugh. Even in their absence, this front office sure knows how to scout young pitching prospects! All we seem to do is reload on talent. The rebuild has been much quicker than I anticipated. I would like to see another bat in the lineup though. It's been a while since we've had all of our big boppers healthy at once (Choo and LaPorta presently on DL). When they were healthy, Hafner and Sizemore were injured. If we get Haf, Size, Choo, Santana and Brantley going at the same time, look out.

12. IF the NBA and NFL are not playing in the fall, the NHL and college hoops stand to benefit the most potentially.

What about college football?

Besides LeWho? Does Art Modell ring a bell?

Does this mean you'll be the next one on this site to get hitched?

Coors Field because of the thin air.

16. Finally, I will be heading out on a vacation tomorrow- will be overseas in Europe for two and a half weeks (I come back on the 24th). I'll try and keep up with you guys while I'm gone. Make sure you cover up for my absences at time (Sandra and Ramy were gone at times recently; I'm trusting you guys to make the third time a charm.)

Have a great time!

Raiders
It won't last
7. Hard to believe it's been 3 years since I first joined this site. I apologize for my recent lack of posts, but I'll be a lot more active during football/hockey/basketball in the fall.
No apology necessary
8. Why is the MLB All Star Game getting less and less ratings/viewers over time? Back in 1976, it drew a 27.1 rating. Last year- an all-time low 7.5 that lags behind the Pro Bowl. My, how times have changed.
I still watch it, but it finishes too late and I never see the end.
Good question
Been there done that several times and it took many years to finally go into this marriage thing, which happens on the 30th of this month.
Has to be Great American Ballpark, just ask Reds pitcher Arroyo who has given up 25 already

I will be gone the 29th of this month through Aug 9th. Might be on sporadically, but don't look for me.

Good question. Both teams can go either way

2. I was at the Taste of Chicago last Wednesday- delicious stuff. Turkey tips, rib tips, big turkey legs, cheesecake, and chocolate-dipped frozen bananas.

Yum!

3. Sandra, are the Rangers ever going to figure out how to put together a decent offense? Too many times they have lived and died with Lundqvist.

Well they just signed Brad Richards. Too much money, too many years...but they got him. Now guys like Brandon Dubinsky and Ryan Callahan can play on the second line where they belong. Once again, the Rangers look good in July. We shall see what happens when they actually play games.

4. I am VERY pleased with the Sabres off-season moves so far. We have a scorer in Leino and a capable defensive duo in Ehrhoff/Regehr. Bill, don't underestimate Buffalo this winter!

Buffalo certainly did a lot, my goodness. They should be headed north.

LOL yeah he needs to relax!

Good to see the Buccos competitive again.

We forgive you.

Pretty much everything is getting lower ratings than 1976.

9. I think that Adrian Gonzalez guy is working out pretty nicely in Boston.

Yeah, whooda thunk?

Dukes's national championship last year finally sent him over the edge.

Babe Ruth? I did, HD, I kid. The tribe look like they're in it for the long haul. Masterson was smoking.

The NFL will be back. The NBA? Looking like January at the earliest right now...if that.

Don Maloney went to run the Islanders...into the ground.

Did you get to put it on the girl who caught the bouquet's leg?

Citizens Bank Park in Philly

Enjoy! Europe is wonderful...I miss it already. But watch out for all those little Thai kids NOT wearing Lebron jerseys!

Sandra

Been there done that several times and it took many years to finally go into this marriage thing, which happens on the 30th of this month.

Remember Ramy, the key to a successful marriage is...to spoil your wife!!!

Best of luck with everything.

Sandra

Raiders...but not by much. I say Raiders go with 9 wins and Lion with 8.

Best festival my former city has...and probably one of the better "Taste of ..." festivals in the country, from what I have heard. Usually, the Blues Festival is going on at the same time.

They are reminding me of the San Diego Padres of last year.

Goes to show also how much baseball has lost it's popularity.

I do too! We had our disagreements, but he acknowledged the differences in how we opin and cared about sports and knew and accepted that not everything is black and white with sports. FEW do that here.

The Indians are a good young team. I would say let's see a little consistancy before we start calling them the class of the Central Division.

You must be talking more about the 2nd half of winter. Because the fall will be completely dominated by college football.

Being a Raider fan, it was Marcus Allen. BUT, the way Al Davis treated him, many Raider fans were not surprised nor upset he left....they were a little surprised he went to the Chiefs...but nobody wanted him dead. AND, true fans never make an issue about a single player leaving because they may go to stadiums and ball parks to see certain players play, but in the end, they want THE TEAM to win regardless of the names in the BACK of the jersey.

As long as you do not have to wear it, why worry. ;)

For the parks new and old that I have gone, Coors Field and Great American Ball Park...and maybe Rangers Ballpark in Arlington(or whatever they call it).

Enjoy time with family and stay safe!

Babe Ruth? I did, HD, I kid. The tribe look like they're in it for the long haul. Masterson was smoking.

Indeed. En route to last night's victory over the Yankees and winning our 3rd consecutive series, Masterson pitched 8 innings, gave up 0 ER with only 3 hits. At the end of the game, Chris Perez closed out his 21st save. Perhaps great pitching trumps great hitting after all!

1 - Lions

2 - Did Taste of Cincinnati last month. The unique ethnic history of the area, where, as the joke goes, there are two home towns, Munich or Pikeville, makes for a unique cuisine.

6 - Function of the schedule. Rest assured they will finish under.500 again to set yet another record.

7 - I think that you always have something valid to say when you post.

8 - This could be its own thread. Part of it is the general decline of baseball, part is the tremendous more amount of out-of-market baseball available on TV today, part is interleague play, part is the massive team switching and lack of player loyality, and part is the accumulation of most of the true stars on 5 or 8 teams due to the broken economic system.

12 - True, more college basketball, because ESPN can fill NBA slots with games, while the amount of NHL games is set.

13 - Jason Williams, the lesser. A piece of ****, as is his father, who perjured himself in court over Williams transfer and in his job on many occasions.

16 - Tell us your impressions when you get back. My only trip to Europe was as a chaperone to a HS trip, and thus very restricted. Remember playing cards with some Germans while on an overnight boat trip from Italy to Spain. Germans have different suits.

Indeed. En route to last night's victory over the Yankees and winning our 3rd consecutive series, Masterson pitched 8 innings, gave up 0 ER with only 3 hits. At the end of the game, Chris Perez closed out his 21st save. Perhaps great pitching trumps great hitting after all!

HDMM, is this LAST nights game that your talking about ?
The one the Indians did NOT win with pitching ?
A Hafner GS in the 9th won it ....

The Cardiac Indians seem to have regained thier early season mojo again..... UGH.

Lackey's wife is battling breast cancer. He's not using it as an excuse, but it clearly must be affecting him.

Lackey's wife is battling breast cancer. He's not using it as an excuse, but it clearly must be affecting him.

ANYONE who thinks tough times in the personal life is not gonna effect their professional life, is crazy...

HDMM, is this LAST nights game that your talking about ?
The one the Indians did NOT win with pitching ?
A Hafner GS in the 9th won it ....

The Cardiac Indians seem to have regained thier early season mojo again..... UGH.

No, I was actually talking about two nights ago against the Yankees was won with pitching. The GS was against the Blue Jays. On most other nights though, the pitching staff has been keeping us in games to let our offense always have a chance. That right there has been the key all season.

:facepalm:down:down:p

No, I was actually talking about two nights ago against the Yankees was won with pitching. The GS was against the Blue Jays. On most other nights though, the pitching staff has been keeping us in games to let our offense always have a chance. That right there has been the key all season.

Looks like the magic is back in Cleveland.

A bit of a role reversal in a way, for I remember well how it was the Indians' uber-pwnage lineup of the 90s and early 2000s that kept the team in games and provided the pitchers with great runs support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts