Random Thoughts on a scorching day

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
20. Nice to see some new names posting here recently. Gets old having the same discussions with the same old knuckleheads! (present company included!)
Yes, or seeing the same arguments.

LOL what were you saying about the same old arguments, Ramy? ;) :D

Sandra

[/COLOR]9. You can have Pujols, give me Prince Fielder. He can be our Big Fat Papi-type DH for the next 10 years. I know that doesn't really work since A-Rod is probably 3-5 years away from being a full-time DH himself, but I don't care. Make it happen. Fielder would be a terrific Yankee.
You are nuts. I will take Pujols twice over Fielder.

Ramy, I wasn't necessarily saying Fielder is a better player than Pujols, but for a variety of reasons I just don't see Pujols in a Yankee uniform. Fielder, however, I think is a possibility, and I would LOVE to have him in a Yankee uniform.

Sandra

Ramy, I wasn't necessarily saying Fielder is a better player than Pujols, but for a variety of reasons I just don't see Pujols in a Yankee uniform. Fielder, however, I think is a possibility, and I would LOVE to have him in a Yankee uniform.

Sandra

why would you take Fielder if you already have Teixiera? Yanks have tons of guys that can play DH. With tons on the DL.

6. If the deal is ratified in the next day or two, it will bring the most frenzied free agent signing period we've ever seen in any sport. There will be signings like every 20 seconds.

That will be almost more fun than the games itself!

7. For me, Ohio State being a non-factor this season will be kind of like when the Rangers miss the playoffs. It sucks, but the bright side is you can relax and watch the rest of the teams play without the stress of worrying about your team every week.

I am sure die hard Buckeyes fans will still stress. Come mid-season, and they are undefeated...it will start all over again. Only natural.

9. You can have Pujols, give me Prince Fielder. He can be our Big Fat Papi-type DH for the next 10 years. I know that doesn't really work since A-Rod is probably 3-5 years away from being a full-time DH himself, but I don't care. Make it happen. Fielder would be a terrific Yankee.

I would not take a risk on pissing on someone's ego for a bat you really do not need. I think what they need more than anything, if for everyone to get healthy soon.

10. Is boxing still a sport?

Last I checked, it IS. Just that none of the named fighters wanna fight each other.

11. It'll be very interesting if NBA players flock to Europe the same way NHL players flocked to Russia's KHL hockey league in 2006, but anyone who thinks they'll stay there for good is outside their mind. If Europe were a better alternative to the NBA, players would already be in Europe. Basketball will always be a mere blip on the radar screen (or to quote Mad Dog Russo, a pimple on the fanny!) compared to soccer in Europe.

So very true!

14. OK I have to keep it real...as evil as Michael Vick was before he was found out, he seems to be doing everything right since he was released.

YEP!:D

16. The Nationals and Braves have a sick amount of prospects headed to the big team. The Phillies are the Phillies. Gonna be a long road for the Mets, with or without Reyes.

Their would be a fan revolt and a shame if they do not resign him.

20. Nice to see some new names posting here recently. Gets old having the same discussions with the same old knuckleheads! (present company included!)

I would be lying if I didn't say its nice to argue with the same knuckleheads. Conversations that consist of only "agreed" and "yep" and a " :up "...tend to get a little boring. Us knuckleheads have to find new things to aregue about.... :D:D

24. Anyone watch the Curt Flood special on HBO?

It was excellent and EVERY SINGLE professional athlete should thank him nightly in a special prayer.

28. Go Pirates! Finishing over .500 would be wonderful. Winning the division would be priceless! Pirate fans deserve it.

29. Iman Shumpert. Still not feeling it.

30. You'll never know what it's like to go to Hooters with a bunch of 16 year old boys until you actually do it. And how Hooters girls react to a bunch of 16 year old boys. Goodness gracious!!!

Did that about 3 years ago with a traveling baseball team up in Chicago. That was fun. The faces on the Hooters girls how these boys reacted was priceless. You would swear they were flirting with Single millionaire bachelors.

Sandra

Congrats on your nuptuals. The key to any and ALL happy marriage is to make time for yourself as well as your husband. You still have to be yourself because in the end, that is what he fell in love with in the 1st place.

Islandguy43 said:
.....I hope for their fans, they go all the way and play the Yankees in the World Series (lose of course:D)...

It will be a long shot for the Yanks to make it to WS. I see them in the playoffs but gone by the first round... No pitching.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

It will be a long shot for the Yanks to make it to WS. I see them in the playoffs but gone by the first round... No pitching.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Their starting pitching has been spotty for sure, but the bullpen is second best in the AL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)