Rangers VS Rays Fox Sports UHD, Channel 106

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Any idea why I would be blacked out to this game on channel 106? I'm in Arizona, I sub to MLB Extra Innings and it's not airing on a local network or sports affiliate.

When I tune to the UHD channel it has me tune to where the game is in the MLB EI channels (736 I think) and I am able to view the game in HD. If I get the game in HD through MLB EI fine you would think that I would be able to get the UHD version on 106 just fine as well.

This doesn't make sense.

Any idea why I would be blacked out to this game on channel 106? I'm in Arizona, I sub to MLB Extra Innings and it's not airing on a local network or sports affiliate.

When I tune to the UHD channel it has me tune to where the game is in the MLB EI channels (736 I think) and I am able to view the game in HD. If I get the game in HD through MLB EI fine you would think that I would be able to get the UHD version on 106 just fine as well.

This doesn't make sense.
I had the same issue in North Carolina, I don't have a MLB EI sub but it did direct me to 736 and was able to view it there. I agree didn't make any sense.

Upcoming Events in 4K had this listed with (RSN), so I'm guessing that it was in-market only (which, yes, is stupid for 4k).

Why MLB EI would have been blacked out is likely just incompetence.

You only get national coverage of sports events in 4K if you get the source channel in your package. i.e. if the game is MLBN coverage, you must get MLBN, if the game is FS1, you must get FS1. MLBEI has nothing to do with it. Do you have a package with the source channel? If so, then it is just a basic screw up on DirecTV's part, if not, that is your answer.

Upcoming Events in 4K had this listed with (RSN), so I'm guessing that it was in-market only (which, yes, is stupid for 4k).

Why MLB EI would have been blacked out is likely just incompetence.

Yes, it shouldn't matter if it's on the RSN or not. If you sub to the out of market sports package it's supposed to open up like as if you lived in the local market. That's the point of having the package. It just seemed asinine that you wouldn't be able to get the game in 4K when one subs to MLB EI and has access to that programming outside of 4K. I'm sure that if MLB.TV carried the game in 4K I would be able to see it there with no issues as these problems never seem to crop up with MLB.TV.

You only get national coverage of sports events in 4K if you get the source channel in your package. i.e. if the game is MLBN coverage, you must get MLBN, if the game is FS1, you must get FS1. MLBEI has nothing to do with it. Do you have a package with the source channel? If so, then it is just a basic screw up on DirecTV's part, if not, that is your answer.

So yes, The game wasn't on a national channel like FS1 or MLBN, ect. It was a broadcast on a local RSN, which is not my local RSN, but I do get it via the package I sub to. So I have the premier package with all of the sports packages. IE: MLBEI, NHLCI, NFLST, NBA, ect.

In this case having MLBEI would have something to do with it as MLBEI is supposed to get you the out of market games and is supposed to open it up like as if you lived in the market. If you get the game with MLBEI you should get the 4K version without any issues. It's assinine to be blocking out subs who pay extra to get out of market games.

Reactions: Jimbo
Stupid 4k blackouts - it's really devaluing the service...

I can watch *one* 4K baseball game in August, due to Red Sox / Yankees being involved in other ones. It's madness - the relative handful of people moving from the RSNs to the national feed means nothing.

Blacked out again for this afternoon's game. I just submitted another escalation. If I am not blacked out of the HD Version because I sub to the appropriate packages IE: Premier with MLBEI, you would think that I would be able to get this game in 4K without any blackout. The 4K blackouts are worse than the HD ones. You would think it would be the same across the board. Picture format SHOULD NOT matter. If you get it in HD you should get it in 4K or SD as well.

Not only is it devaluing the service but it's confusing people including CSR's. It shouldn't be this hard.

Reactions: AZ.
Stupid 4k blackouts - it's really devaluing the service...

I can watch *one* 4K baseball game in August, due to Red Sox / Yankees being involved in other ones. It's madness - the relative handful of people moving from the RSNs to the national feed means nothing.

Blacked out again for this afternoon's game. I just submitted another escalation. If I am not blacked out of the HD Version because I sub to the appropriate packages IE: Premier with MLBEI, you would think that I would be able to get this game in 4K without any blackout. The 4K blackouts are worse than the HD ones. You would think it would be the same across the board. Picture format SHOULD NOT matter. If you get it in HD you should get it in 4K or SD as well.

Not only is it devaluing the service but it's confusing people including CSR's. It shouldn't be this hard.

I have the same issue living in the NY market. In tonight's case, MLB Network is showing the game on the normal HD 213 channel, but is also responsible for the 4K production on 106. Us in the NY market are forced to YES network and blacked out of 106 and 213 to protect ad revenue.

Wondering if it's worth an agonizing call to their clueless support to see if this can be lifted. Did you ever make any progress with your escalation? Another 4K game tonight that I will most likely be blacked out of because I'm in the NY market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)