interesting rumor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
so was talking to someone on the directv forums about the hs17
asked where he got his info from and of course this was the reply

Like I said. I was a tech for Directv for 3 years. The reverse band has the capability to run 22 tuners. I’ve seen it in the setup and in all of our trainings. And although it doesn’t yet the genie 2 will be able to run 17 clients. I worked with big homes and I serviced a house that actually had 13 clients. All working simultaneously.

now, i have no idea of the validity of this, i actually highly doubt it.

just figured i would throw it out there in case anyone could neither confirm or deny

Reactions: TermiNader
Every DTV receiver indicates how many SWM channels it consumes next to the coax port. What does the HS17 say?

so was talking to someone on the directv forums about the hs17
asked where he got his info from and of course this was the reply

Like I said. I was a tech for Directv for 3 years. The reverse band has the capability to run 22 tuners. I’ve seen it in the setup and in all of our trainings. And although it doesn’t yet the genie 2 will be able to run 17 clients. I worked with big homes and I serviced a house that actually had 13 clients. All working simultaneously.

now, i have no idea of the validity of this, i actually highly doubt it.

just figured i would throw it out there in case anyone could neither confirm or deny
Well, it said he worked for them, no longer does it sounds like ... so HOW does he know what the HS17 can do, he no longer has inside info seeing hes not there anymore.
HS17 wasn't even thought about 3 years ago.

Well, it said he worked for them, no longer does it sounds like ... so HOW does he know what the HS17 can do, he no longer has inside info seeing hes not there anymore.
HS17 wasn't even thought about 3 years ago.
Umm...the quote was "for 3 years" not "3 years ago." From when to when that three year span covers is a good question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)