Japan 8K and even 16K 120 fps news story / Very interesting read

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
N6BY,

That's the idea behind being friends and having your allies back.
To add of course the US did not alone save France. We had a little help.

I think along with our Brave American men and women, that Canada and the UK and other countries involved deserve their shout out for helping saving France and our entire World.
And giving their lives for Freedom and Democracy!!!! So we could have our world today.

Definately important to support our Allies and keep Freedom Alive and Well.
And have lots of friends around the globe.

As for 8K...

Well I've tried to watch youtube 8K videos and my 60meg. connection just sits there and won't play a damn thing.

So our ISP's need to upgrade massively.

Those lucky enough with fiber to the home should say a big thanks for their good luck.
I wish I had it. Not even available to me. Maybe for years to come.

But it's possible 5G will change all that but it'll probably kill us all with radiation from all the needed towers and massive signal strength.

bjf

Claude,

put those glasses on. lol

I hate my damn glasses.
But what are you gonna do.

Just wish they would perfect the laser choices for eyes.
My eye doctor won't even get laser eye zapping and still wears glasses.
But my brother did, he had thick lenses and now he can see great without them for distance.
But for close up still has to wear glasses.

But seeing a good 4K video picture does make you enjoy the experience.
So pop on the glasses. lol

bjf

4K is slowly rolling out, but is bandwidth intensive.

Aren’t we doing (3) 4K channels per 2 transponders?

In order for 8K, 16K or 32K to become a reality we need to get better compression technology available. Just like we went from MPEG2/QPSK, to MPEG4/8PSK, we need something better to support 4K.

Three channels per pair of transponders was the plan Directv's CTO stated 4-5 years ago, but who knows when or even if Directv will ever start doing that. They could go one channel per transponder and have room for 36 4K channels in reverse band before they ever need to worry about bonding. Anyone here still believe we will ever see more than 36 4K channels?

I think he really needs to move .... to Japan.

If only we could be so lucky. It's really difficult to immigrate there. I already looked. Then again I suppose the small number of migrants is why Japan is still such a nice culturally homogeneous place with strong social cohesion and a miniscule crime rate.

Unless you can find a Japanese waifu who wants to marry a white piggu instead of one of her own countrymen, then good luck getting citizenship or even permanent residency over there.

I'd gladly live in Japan over the U.S. if it were just that simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)