Rash of Hope recievers non-op....

67cruiser

Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
Napa Valley
Had several calls in the last month regarding Hope recievers that weren't 'getting a picture'

Signals tested wonderfully behind the reciever. 2 of the individuals purchased new recievers, and the problem went away immediately

Anyone else experiencing this?

What make and model of receivers were experiencing this issue?

Perform a Factory Reset?

Good Signal Level (SL) and Good Signal Quality (SQ) readings?

Certain channels or affected all channels?

Good audio, but no video?

When you say "weren't getting a picture" does this mean that the menus were also not displaying?

Black screen?

Blue Screen?

Snow?

We have distributed approximately 100,000 receivers specifically for Hope Channel viewers in the past few years and have not noticed any trend in receiver failures. We would be interested in this data.

" No Video" Screen Black

Screen says no video and is black.
TBN SHOWS as .... 75 signal and 65-68 Quality.
All i see is black on all channels. Yes i reset channels to factory default a few times,tried checking cables,played with aiming....NOTHING.
I AM USING THE STANDARD GLORYSTAR system. DSR100C
i prob wont have time until this weekend to retest alot.
Any suggestions would be great

Last edited:
If Signal Quality is only on the TBN channels, but no Signal Quality on others (such as 3ABN) then the system is aimed at the incorrect satellite. Connect only to LNBF 1 and verify reception of 3ABN then add switcha and verify TBN. Moving the dish is the last step that you want to take when trouble shooting.

It would be best if you called for customer support while in front of the receiver. Too many trouble shooting variables to troubleshoot without interactive telephone support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts