Rat Shack Antenna

Why not just use a spllitter to separate the signals. You might want UHF someday. I believe that RS carries them.

Yes, but the question is why. Cutting off the UHF elements and phasing lines won't completly remove all UHF signal from the downlead if that's what you really want.

I have a CM 4228 and wanted to get VHF as well and thought if I didn't have to buy a new VHF Ant. I could use what I got now. :) So what do you think? :confused:

If your receiver only has one input you're either going to have to buy a coax switch or better yet a UHF-VHF diplexer. This is like a satellitle-OTA or cable diplexer except it combines or separates ch 2-13 and chnls 14-69. With the coax switch one position would have all the U-V channels from the Radio Shack antenna and the other position would be the bowtie only. Using the U-V diplexer would attenuate the U signals from the Radio Shack and pass only the U signals from the bowtie. In theory the Uhf reception would be better without the UHF portion of the Radio Shack antenna since the diplexer isn't perfect and allows about 10% of the all channel's Uhf signals through. I think I'd look critically at the UHF bowtie reception alone versus being combined with the all channel antenna before I cut off the UHF portion of the all channel.

Some typical uv diplexers or better called mixers or separators or combiners are a Pico UVSJ and Blonder Tongue MUVF.

bsr2002 said:
I have a CM 4228 and wanted to get VHF as well and thought if I didn't have to buy a new VHF Ant. I could use what I got now. :) So what do you think? :confused:
What is the VHF chanel you are trying to get/ The CM 4228 can reveive the high VHF- 10 on up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)