Rather disturbing Apple/FedEx news

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
FedEx lady just left. She delivered a plain brown box to me with the following on it:
ORIG ID SZXA
CA "from" address
Tracking/trans/billing numbers
PO, Delivery, Web Order & Sales Order #s
My name and work address
Electronics/Accessories

NOT ONE REFERENCE TO APPLE, iPAD or iPOD, etc.

So what did she say to me on her way out the door?
"Enjoy your iPod or iPad cables!"

Makes me wonder how safe my iPad 3rd gen is going to be, in transit, if they can easily figure out what it is, even if not labeled as such. :confused:

No showing the YouTube video of the FedEx driver throwing the package over the fence until all iPads have been delivered.:)

I'd hate to be the last FedEx employee to scan an iPad box that "disappeared."

Last edited:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

When I got my iPad 2 (not on launch day) delivered the UPS guy seemed to know that it was from Apple, even though the return address was not Apple themselves. I'm sure that after a while some of these addresses start to repeat and they know what you've ordered. I don't care as long as my new iPad comes in 1 (working) piece on Friday.

I'm surprised they'd even bother to read the return address.

FedEx lady just left. She delivered a plain brown box to me with the following on it:
ORIG ID SZXA
CA "from" address
Tracking/trans/billing numbers
PO, Delivery, Web Order & Sales Order #s
My name and work address
Electronics/Accessories

NOT ONE REFERENCE TO APPLE, iPAD or iPOD, etc.

So what did she say to me on her way out the door?
"Enjoy your iPod or iPad cables!"

Makes me wonder how safe my iPad 3rd gen is going to be, in transit, if they can easily figure out what it is, even if not labeled as such. :confused:

They deliver SO MANY Apple Boxes, they know exactly where they are from. When my iPhone 4S arrived, the fedex guy said something along the same lines.

I guess some people open it around them and they see. Or maybe have rec'd such packages themselves!

Yup just got a package from them too from ORIG ID: SZXA
Return To:
AI
2811 Laguna Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95758

Hey that's the big Apple distribution and repair center just around the corner. They've taken over every large building on that row (including JVCs old building). Everyone knows that's Apple.

S~

My wife ordered a "consumer electronic gadget" last week. FedEx snuck up to our house, slid it on the porch, and walked away. The top of the box had the Amazon logo ... and the side said "Kindle Fire". Anyone want to guess what was in it ? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)