Rave is now suffering...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
txdude said:
Rave is fine for me tonight... haven't notice any stuttering or pixelation.

Rave is also fine for me today, BUT showHDwest still has it's subtle pixelation issues in fast moving scenes.

DarrellP said:
Jay, do you ever sleep? Looking at the time of your posts, one has to wonder????

LOL, I get off work very late. Of course I don't go to work til late either, so that's why I watch tv so late.

Well, although I had absolutely no problems with Rave yesterday, I tried watching the Brittany Spears comcert on ShoW HD and had to stop beause of the picture breakup every time she moved quickly. And I certainly wasn't interested in listening to th4e show. Just some eye candy but major pixelation with any quick movements.

But I'm getting used to this sort of problem. During the NCAA championship basketball game on CBS, evert time someone went to the basket, the picture would blur. Auto focus was not doing its job and it made viewing painful at times.

It would be great if the hd world gave us perfect performance every time but if truth be told, I am usually more disappointed in the performance of csr's (real people) of all businesses that I have to deal with throughout my life than I am in the service provided. It is an imperfect world at times.

Shelly

PS. Gene, Congratulations on your upcoming 30" dish. They would only give me a 24" one. How did you get yours?

shelly said:
Well, although I had absolutely no problems with Rave yesterday, I tried watching the Brittany Spears comcert on ShoW HD and had to stop beause of the picture breakup every time she moved quickly. And I certainly wasn't interested in listening to th4e show. Just some eye candy but major pixelation with any quick movements.

But I'm getting used to this sort of problem. During the NCAA championship basketball game on CBS, evert time someone went to the basket, the picture would blur. Auto focus was not doing its job and it made viewing painful at times.

It would be great if the hd world gave us perfect performance every time but if truth be told, I am usually more disappointed in the performance of csr's (real people) of all businesses that I have to deal with throughout my life than I am in the service provided. It is an imperfect world at times.

Shelly

PS. Gene, Congratulations on your upcoming 30" dish. They would only give me a 24" one. How did you get yours?

by being a major Pain in the butt about rain Fade I guess? LOL...I have been talking with Joe for a couple weeks now, and he/VOOM decided to let me test the 30" along with some others that are testing now. I'll report back about it when it's installed, maybe throw up a few pictures as well. I'm not to thrilled about having a huge dish like that on the house, but if it will take the rain fade away, I'll be happy. By the way....please report back to us on the 24"! If that works just fine with rain fade, I may go down to that, as that will look much better on top of my roof.

It was Joe who made the decision to go with the 24" dish for me. Go figure.

I can hardly see my roof now that I have 6 dishes on it. My wife is very understanding that this hd fixation of ours is important to me and, although I am sure she is not thrilled to see our dish farm, she does want me to be happy.

Although my 24" dish will probably be installed within the next 2 weeks, we may not have any more rain here in central coastal CA until next November. I will report on any change in signal quality and strength, though, but I get 95-96 now as it is with my 18" dish.

I am hoping that the larger dish will maintain the high signal strength rather than just achieving it. I suspect that my low angle of elevation (just 15 degrees) is responsible for the drastic rain fade problem I had.

Shelly

I watched Sheryl Crow on Rave last night and the picture was rock solid, no stuttering or breakups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)