Rave is now suffering...

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
from the same problems that were present on Showtime HD west a couple days ago. Stuttering very badly now!!! C'mon VOOM get your act together already!!!!

by the way... just tuned in to check on Showtime HD west, and it still has problems. It is very noticable with this boxing match that is now on. When the fighters start pounding each other good, it starts to stutter a little bit, then pixelate a little. Not as bad as Rave though. I can't believe some of you folks aren't noticing how VOOM has gone down hill in the past few weeks???

Jay,

I haven't noticed any of the problems that you have noted.

What part of the country are you in? Just curious if location has anything to do with it.

txdude said:
Jay,

I haven't noticed any of the problems that you have noted.

What part of the country are you in? Just curious if location has anything to do with it.

I'm in California. So you don't see Rave Stuttering right now? It is really bad, and even goes out of sync with the audio, just like SHowHDwest did the other day.

I wasn't seeing a problem before when I posted, but now there does seem to be pixelation and some stuttering on Rave :confused:

My signal is 94-95

txdude said:
I wasn't seeing a problem before when I posted, but now there does seem to be pixelation and some stuttering on Rave :confused:

My signal is 94-95

told ya! I knew I wasn't seeing things! Also check Showtime HD west, it's bad again!

Some stuttering? It is almost unwatchable! And I'm on the east coast, so it isn't a localized problem.

I'm in the Chicago area and Rave was unwatchable yesterday around 6:00 PM CST. The picture and sound cut in and out every second. Later in the evening it was back to normal.

compurocker said:
I'm in the Chicago area and Rave was unwatchable yesterday around 6:00 PM CST. The picture and sound cut in and out every second. Later in the evening it was back to normal.

Gotta love Voom's pq-oh how nice it feels to pay your monthly bill while getting such quality service-NOT!!!!!!!!!!PAY THAT BILL FOLKS-DON'T BE LATE

I guess it's a good thing my projector is out of commission for 2 weeks so I don't have to watch this stuff, hopefully it will be fixed by the time I get it back.

DarrellP said:
I guess it's a good thing my projector is out of commission for 2 weeks so I don't have to watch this stuff, hopefully it will be fixed by the time I get it back.
Don't you bet on it!!!!

I just got VOOM and one of the things I have noticed is that all of the 'West' HD channels look very poor compared to the others. Is there a reason for this?

slffl said:
I just got VOOM and one of the things I have noticed is that all of the 'West' HD channels look very poor compared to the others. Is there a reason for this?

Yeah I noticed that too. It seems all all the HD west stations are slightly worse than their east coast counterpart. The reason for being I bet has a lot to do with bandwith issues. I just simply don't thik VOOM can hold all these channels they currently have without down grading the picture quality. I'm telling you guys, before we got ENcoreHD, and PlayboyHD the pq was better. I didn't experience all these artifacts, and bad stutters/frame drops that I am now. I

They should really drop a couple of the less desired channels, at least until they get MPEG4 like some of the Cinnema 10 channels and maybe Ultra and Moov.

Jay, do you ever sleep? Looking at the time of your posts, one has to wonder????

I watched Rave from 2pm-3pm pst today and had no problems with the reception. Also have not had any problems with Sho W HD all this time, but do have problems with sd HLN which often is unwatchable.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts