Rave Video Mix

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
It would be nice to have more videos on Rave Video Mix. Right now the Concerts are taking up to 22 hours per day. It would be cheap to intersperse a wider variety of videos, possibly in themed blocks.

With DVR around the corner, it would make sense to have a 2-hour block devoted to pop and 1-hour blocks for alternative, rock, country, and R&B. These could all happen out of primetime so that they would not interfere with those wanting to watch the same four concerts each evening.

Like the movie trailer idea, this is cheap content with high impact. If VOOM showed six hours of videos (in HD, nonetheless) per day, they would have surpassed MTV (which shows few videos these days.

I agree again, plus when they do actually play Videos, they are mostly songs from the live concerts shown the other 22 hours throughout the day. We need more Music Videos in HD!

While I certainly agree that more videos would be welcome, I don't necessarily think splitting them up into blocks of similar styles would be a good thing. I kinda like the way you're never quite sure what the heck is gonna pop up next.

TheTimm said:
While I certainly agree that more videos would be welcome, I don't necessarily think splitting them up into blocks of similar styles would be a good thing. I kinda like the way you're never quite sure what the heck is gonna pop up next.

My main reason for splitting them up is that, when DVR arrives, you will be able to record just what they want. I like the idea of the larger block being a mix (I called it Pop, but I should have called it All of the Above or something) for the same reason you state. The key to DVR working on VOOM is letting people choose what they want. If there are both options (separated and mixed), people get to choose how they want to view things.

Having well-defined blocks in the PG will give everyone the best chance to get the programming for the viewing experience they want.

The dedicated channels on VOOM have the opportunity to make this the best fit for DVR users out there. If some consideration is put into it upfront, it will be just that.

agregjones said:
My main reason for splitting them up is that, when DVR arrives, you will be able to record just what they want. I like the idea of the larger block being a mix (I called it Pop, but I should have called it All of the Above or something) for the same reason you state. The key to DVR working on VOOM is letting people choose what they want. If there are both options (separated and mixed), people get to choose how they want to view things.

Having well-defined blocks in the PG will give everyone the best chance to get the programming for the viewing experience they want.

The dedicated channels on VOOM have the opportunity to make this the best fit for DVR users out there. If some consideration is put into it upfront, it will be just that.

You're right. I'm definitely on board with "well-defined blocks in the PG" . I'd really like to see those for MOOV, so I guess it makes sense for RAVE's Video Mix as well.

In 3 months, I've seen exactly THREE actual music videos: the B&W one with the good looking woman rolling around in bed, the one with the rocker with big red lips, and the one where they drive down the highway in scooters. Wow, even MYV plays more music video :)

What happened? They used to be 80% music videos and the occasional concert. Now it seems they did a complete 180. They need to find a good balance of around 50/50. If you notice... they also only have the few hours of music videos on starting around 4AM EST. So they really must think most don't want to see them.

I wish they would also put the right time block for concerts. Beyonce', Fleetwood Mac and Chicago ran around 72 minutes but took up 2 hours in the guide. I record a lot of this stuff and makes for a lot of editing and wasted disk space until I get around to it.

They sometimes show videos in between concert, I second that it should be somehow listed that for 15-20 mintues its going to be a Video Mix, I also think that at night they should still include music videos... just to add in, my favorite Rave video right now is "In the Mood" by To My Surprise... it an animated video, with some nice effects, real eye catching imagery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)