Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Activision has finally released the final track list for Guitar Hero.

Guitar Hero World Tour full set list revealed - News at GameSpot

Harmonix released their track list a while back (and also the game comes out on Sunday, which I'll be getting for my b-day thanks to my lovely gf/lead singer.)

***Official Rock Band 2 Set List! - Rock Band - Forums

There are some duplicates amongst the two, but which list appeals more to you? Don't let the DLC thing affect your decision. Just base it on the regular lists.

Hard to not let the DLC taint my decision, like Harmonix has said, including DLC there are over 500 songs you'll have available for RB2? For just $5 you can get 55 off of RB1 for use in RB2 by the end of the year (most of which already available).

That said, after waiting for reviews about quality/reliability we'll probably pick up RB2 on release day, and eventually get the full GH:WT setup so we've got a pair of everything. GH guitars have always been better (IMO) so expecting this round to be no different.

Friend is going to get an ION kit, looking forward to playing around with that.

Tough call. Both look good. I've had to say RB2, just because they have ACDC. I'll end up getting both games.

They both look good so I went with equal. I am disappointed with how many songs are on both though. I counted at least 12. That's a pretty good chunk of what's on the disc.

Well one thing I have to say is that for me the tracklists are more varied than the previous versions. A lot of these songs I have almost no experience or knowledge of, meaning I haven't heard them even before. I counted about 44 in RB2 and 56 in WT. I knew of a higher percentage of the songs in RB1 and GH3. I just hope I enjoy most of these other songs.

I picked up my copy of RB2 yesterday and while I didn't have a lot of time to play, what I did get to play was great. "Livin' On A Prayer" is a blast.

Overall, it's not a huge change from RB1, but a nice upgrade. They seem to have upped the difficulty just ever so slightly. Just enough to make it a little bit more of a challenge for those that are veterans of RB1. Haven't tried the vocals yet, but some of the songs seem like they may be pretty difficult. "Livin' On A Prayer" and "E-Pro" come to mind of the ones I played.

I picked up my copy of RB2 yesterday and while I didn't have a lot of time to play, what I did get to play was great. "Livin' On A Prayer" is a blast.

Overall, it's not a huge change from RB1, but a nice upgrade. They seem to have upped the difficulty just ever so slightly. Just enough to make it a little bit more of a challenge for those that are veterans of RB1. Haven't tried the vocals yet, but some of the songs seem like they may be pretty difficult. "Livin' On A Prayer" and "E-Pro" come to mind of the ones I played.
I think the general consensus is that it's more of a great thing, and that the difficulty was upped slightly as that seemed to be a general complaint about the first one in general. While I'd have to say that GH3 was noticeably harder than RB, I actually liked that aspect of RB. I've beaten RB on Hard with guitar but I'm still stuck on GH3, although to be fair I'm stuck on the duel, and I don't see myself passing that hurdle anytime soon unfortunately. I'm looking forward to all the new songs on RB2 though. I've already sent my lead singer the list of songs for her to memorize, or at least get familar with. ;p

Haha. Snagging it tonight and already have a party planned at a friend's place Friday night to rock out and grind out our band achievements it all night long!

Best of luck with the house selling yourbeliefs.

Damn. Figures my 360 bites the dust when RB2 is released. I'll have to wait a few
weeks to play.

Haha. Snagging it tonight and already have a party planned at a friend's place Friday night to rock out and grind out our band achievements it all night long!

Best of luck with the house selling yourbeliefs.
Thanks. If anything good has come out of this Fannie/Freddie collapse is that the lowered interest rates could not have come at a better time for me. Hopefully the Slimline dish will be very appealing to the potential buyers.

Ya, wife and I are a year or two probably from buying (our first home, yay for renting from parents for only $650/mo), will have hit bottom and rebound a little by then, but should be able to get a relatively OK deal compared to what things were in Vegas 2 years ago.

Got a half dozen songs in and my RB1 pedal broke. I saw it cracking and had already ordered another.
I'm probably going to get the GH:WT Drum Bundle, assuming of course that Harmonix mans up and releases a compatibility patch to allow usage of that set. Even if they don't I still have my original RB drums.
One another note, my GF just texted me that RB2 has arrived, so now I know what I'll be doing tonight. Good thing "The Shield" is programmed on my DVR. ;p

What songs do you want to see released for these games? Here's a few I'd like to see:

DragonForce: Through the Fire and the Flames. I know it was in GH3 but that could definitely be expanded to 4 instruments.
Almost anything from Disturbed.
Rob Zombie: The Great American Nightmare.
R.E.M.: It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I feel fine.)
More Van Halen!
Soundgarden: Pretty Noose
Pearl Jam: Jeremy
How about some Springsteen?

If they can get the original Rock Band instrument controllers working with GH:WT I will get it on release day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts