rc 72 programming tv code issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Ok ! I got my DirecTv upgrade completed finally today. they did need to run 3 new lines into the house and use a sw16 to get all my receivers working you guys were right on the mark! Yeah! so here is my issue my Genie mini in my daughters room I can not get the remote to work with her TV. she has an old flat panel TV which is an off brand. it's a Norcent TV. none of the 9 codes in the system's auto codes work. her tv model is not one of the ones listed. I have a lit of Norcent codes I got off the net and I have the code that made the old slave big white rc65 remote work. I push and hold Mute and select and the right flashes a few times I press "1" wait a sec. then input my code and after the 3'rd digit I get a red light. I tried Mute and enter and the light just keeps flashing... what am I doing wrong. the install dude didn't leave me the instruction booklet. Help please...

Ok ! I got my DirecTv upgrade completed finally today. they did need to run 3 new lines into the house and use a sw16 to get all my receivers working you guys were right on the mark! Yeah! so here is my issue my Genie mini in my daughters room I can not get the remote to work with her TV. she has an old flat panel TV which is an off brand. it's a Norcent TV. none of the 9 codes in the system's auto codes work. her tv model is not one of the ones listed. I have a lit of Norcent codes I got off the net and I have the code that made the old slave big white rc65 remote work. I push and hold Mute and select and the right flashes a few times I press "1" wait a sec. then input my code and after the 3'rd digit I get a red light. I tried Mute and enter and the light just keeps flashing... what am I doing wrong. the install dude didn't leave me the instruction booklet. Help please...
There are no instruction booklets for those remotes to leave. The reason that the code you have for the rc66 does not work is that the 71/2s use a different set of codes. So long as your mini is a 41 or a 51.. pressing and holding mute and enter should put the remote in rf mode from there the only thing you can try is I don't know my model and do a code scan.

You can also try 1 1365. The reason for the space is when you press and hold Mute and select it will blink twice hit 1 it will blink twice then hit 1365 and it will blink twice again. If that doesn't work your SOL until norcent provides directv with new codes.

I thought the tech is supposed to make sure everything works before they leave an install? When we had our install (about 7 years ago) the tech programmed each of the three remotes to control the television it was associated with and checked for proper operation. Either I got really good service or their service is slipping?

I thought the tech is supposed to make sure everything works before they leave an install? When we had our install (about 7 years ago) the tech programmed each of the three remotes to control the television it was associated with and checked for proper operation. Either I got really good service or their service is slipping?
If an off brand tv doesn't program to the remote we can't help that...

Reactions: Hutch1814
If an off brand tv doesn't program to the remote we can't help that...
That's understandable...but did the tech try or not. If they had tried, they should have discovered the problem and, as harshness said above, why did they not leave an RC6x series remote for the customer to use? It may not be the case but it sounds as though they left and the problem was found by the customer.

That's understandable...but did the tech try or not. If they had tried, they should have discovered the problem and, as harshness said above, why did they not leave an RC6x series remote for the customer to use? It may not be the case but it sounds as though they left and the problem was found by the customer.
Because the cx already had that style remote as stated in op.. and we are instructed not to.

Because the cx already had that style remote as stated in op.. and we are instructed not to.
So techs are instructed to leave a customer with a non-functioning system when they had a remote that would have worked for them? Well now, that's great customer service!:rolleyes:

So techs are instructed to leave a customer with a non-functioning system when they had a remote that would have worked for them? Well now, that's great customer service!:rolleyes:
That's not what I said at all... a c41/c51 is supposed to come with a rc71/72... per directv.... if the remote wont program it won't program...

a c41/c51 is supposed to come with a rc71/72... per directv.... if the remote wont program it won't program...
Which doesn't change the fact that apparently the old RC6x would have worked for the customer but instead they were left with a bright shiny new remote that didn't work for them. Policy or not, it's not good customer service.

No the tech tried to get it to program and told me your going to need to use the TV remote to turn off the tv. Grrr... Will the ol remote from my slave receiver work on a Genie slave unit? if so how to I get it to program to the box. that remote will turn off my TV. is there a list of remote codes for these new remote and or does anyone know who makes Norcent Tv's maybe the same remote codes already stored in the box will then work for that manufacture . If I knew who made the TV. The model of the TV is lt-2231 the old big white remote code that worked was 10842 if that he

No the tech tried to get it to program and told me your going to need to use the TV remote to turn off the tv. Grrr... Will the ol remote from my slave receiver work on a Genie slave unit? if so how to I get it to program to the box. that remote will turn off my TV. is there a list of remote codes for these new remote and or does anyone know who makes Norcent Tv's maybe the same remote codes already stored in the box will then work for that manufacture . If I knew who made the TV. The model of the TV is lt-2231 the old big white remote code that worked was 10842 if that he
10842 is a code for Advent per this: http://manuals.solidsignal.com/directvrc64forweb.pdf Also read somewhere that some Norcent tv's had some Samsung parts inside. Worth a shot to try any of those.

Did you try what I posted on the 72?

That is the only listed ir code for 71s for that brand. If it doesn't work and the scan function doesn't work then the chances of finding a working code are going to be slim. the 65/66 is capable of scanning the entire code database where as the 71/72 can only read the section of the new database that directv allows it to. If you can find a 4 digit code for norcent you can try that with adding a 1 to the beginning. Your 66 probably grabbed a random code that happened to work.

No dice on the 1365 try. It have the remote in RF already. FTA4PA You got it. Advent code #3 of 11 worked. Thank you. My daughter said thanks as well. You guys rock it! I would go no where else looking for help. I do my part for this kind of thing for auto repair on allexperts.com .. Thank you again...
One last question the swm 16 I have attached to the floor joist in the basement for the time being until I run new lines in conduit under ground in the spring. that switch get warm. the install guy (kid) said they get warm. he was right! this is normal! ? ? I have it sitting in between the joist perpendicular to the joist so it get more air flow around it. Just 2 ears are holding it to the joist. is it because of the power injector?

No dice on the 1365 try. It have the remote in RF already. FTA4PA You got it. Advent code #3 of 11 worked. Thank you. My daughter said thanks as well. You guys rock it! I would go no where else looking for help. I do my part for this kind of thing for auto repair on allexperts.com .. Thank you again...
One last question the swm 16 I have attached to the floor joist in the basement for the time being until I run new lines in conduit under ground in the spring. that switch get warm. the install guy (kid) said they get warm. he was right! this is normal! ? ? I have it sitting in between the joist perpendicular to the joist so it get more air flow around it. Just 2 ears are holding it to the joist. is it because of the power injector?
You're welcome! Glad to hear one of those codes worked.:) They do get warm, even hot depending on where they are mounted. As long as it's operating properly and there are no strange odors (burning smell, etc) you should be ok. If you are concerned, I'd give DirecTV a call and talk to them about it to be sure.

You're welcome! Glad to hear one of those codes worked.:) They do get warm, even hot depending on where they are mounted. As long as it's operating properly and there are no strange odors (burning smell, etc) you should be ok. If you are concerned, I'd give DirecTV a call and talk to them about it to be sure.
No that normal... no need to call unless you said it's burning.

The RC7x remotes are worthless. It's a pain to change inputs, it is loud when you press buttons, and it's not intuitive like the RC65RX that I use with the HR44. I use the RC71 in the bedroom since you can't use the RC65RX in RF with the HR44. I have one receiver on 2 TV's since I don't see the point of paying for a second receiver that is rarely used at the same time as the main TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)