RCA Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes. .if you were already getting your locals through D,you will continue to do so.:)

The more I think about it, the less I'm convinced that I am right about the OP question.
They didn't say what the RCA model number was, but most of the old boxes had OTA pass thru's, not tuners.
The D* signal IS digital, but the OTA signal is analog, unless the box has a digital tuner in it, like the H series, the old RCA's I doubt they had anything better than a analog tuner, if that.

Jimbo

I am not aware of any Directv receivers which had analog OTA tuners. The RCA I had certainly did not. I suspect that the only reason that the early HD receivers had tuners was that a lot of the early TVs were "HD-ready" without any tuner.

They didn't say what the RCA model number was, but most of the old boxes had OTA pass thru's, not tuners.

Jimbo

correct. i took a glance at a few of the old rca boxes to help the OP and none had OTA tuners.

correct. i took a glance at a few of the old rca boxes to help the OP and none had OTA tuners.

They had the OTA connection to serve as a pass thru from what I remember.
The H series , early anyways, My H10, had both analog and digital tuners in them, from what I can remember, I know I could tune to the analog channel, maybe it didn't have a digital tuner in it, but I think it did, it's been a long time since I used it.

Jimbo

Will my old RCA-- D* Boxes still receive my local channels after the digital changeover?

These guys are making a lot of assumptions without asking the right questions. Do you or did you ever pay D* for local channels? If that answer is yes, then you should be good. SD locals over the satellite are not going away on 2/17/09.

They just not might be available via the old RCA boxes as only a few select markets had locals available on the RCA boxes; Chicago was one of them in the 900's.

These guys are making a lot of assumptions without asking the right questions. Do you or did you ever pay D* for local channels? If that answer is yes, then you should be good. SD locals over the satellite are not going away on 2/17/09.

that's what I said in my 2nd post. if he was already getting his locals through D he had nothing to worry about.the op still hasn't posted more info so we can help him

They just not might be available via the old RCA boxes as only a few select markets had locals available on the RCA boxes; Chicago was one of them in the 900's.

There were a lot of locals available to those old boxes, mainly in the 8 and 900's, later they were re assigned to the normal 1-99 channel location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)