Rca Dtc 210

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am surprised we did not come up on the first page of the Google search. We offer the RCA DTC-210 and sell a very large volume of them. Great HD STB.

Our SatelliteGuys forum member price is $319.99 less 10%, so you cost is $287.91 plus 12.50 shipping.

-Robert

Actually, the LG LSS-3200A/Sony HD300 is the best DIRECTV HD STB ever made. Unfortunately you can't get them anymore as they were discounted about 1 yr. ago.

The DTC-210 is my second favorite HD STB and is delivers equally as good pq and RF remote control slave capability. The LSS-3200A has the best OTA tuner and displays the channel # on the front panel with a very nice lighted digit display.

The one added benefit the DTC-210 has is caller ID. No one is unhappy with the DTC-210

-Robert

The HTL-HD is a slightly striped down LSS-3200A. Still a terrific HD STB, but not exactly built to the same specifications. No Ir/RF remote, a little less RAM and a downgraded remote control unit. The front panel display is not as good either.

I do not want to knock this great HD STB, the differences are minor, overall the HTL-HD is an excellent receiver which is designed on the same platform as the best STB of all time, the LG LSS-3200A. Anyone who has or can get a HTL-HD will be a very happy person.

Today's best and latest DIRECTV HD STB is the RCA DTC-210. I have not been a fan of most RCA STB's but it's clear, RCA got it right with this excellent HD decoder. Reliable operation, excellent APG, excellent OTA ATSC decoding, caller ID and Ir/RF remote control make this box a winner.

-Robert

Thanks. Since I already have one I wanted to know where it stood. The price was right too! $99 after all of the DirecTV rebates etc for long term customers. It is working great for me.

Robert,

Since you are probably the most visible dealer now for the 210, can you shed any light on the questions that have been asked regarding the simultaneous SD/HD output? There is a caution note in the manual that says downconverted SD output (of an HD source) will be cropped/distorted. Many of us have SD VCRs or modulated house-distribution that we would like to continue using (at the same time as watching HD on the main set).

Great Deal: RCA available for $287.90!

Noremac wrote, "Many of us have SD VCRs or modulated house-distribution that we would like to continue using (at the same time as watching HD on the main set)."

Yes, and we also had sealed-wall wiring from nearly 10 years ago when DirecTV first appeared. Consequently, the only way to salvage the Sony modulated house-distribution system was to retain my Sony SAT-A1 (additional $4.99@mo) (believe-or-not...this nearly 10 year old box provides a slightly BETTER sd picture than the RCA DTC210 when both signals are put side-by-side on my new Sony KDF-50WE655).

Robert writes, "No one is unhappy with the DTC-210" Apparently, he doesn't read these forums--particularly the one regarding the horizontal line sync problem. There are a number of "unhappy" customers. If he thinks the RCA is so wonderful, he can buy my third unit from DirecTV. Please send me the discount price of $287.00 and I'll gladly pay the 12.50 shipping to send the unit to you. Deal?

Twodutys asks, "Does anyone know were I can buy one?" Well, I live very close to you and for $287.00, I'll deliver this brand new unit with all the cabling to your front door. Deal?

Count me as one of the happy DTC-210 customers. Beats the hell out of my previous dish 811 player! However, the black level coming from the component and possibly DVI as well is much lower than that coming from the composite and S-video outs. The result is that you must boost brightness at the expense of color saturation.

Does anyone know of a secret service menu that I can enter on the DTC-210 that would allow tweaking of the brightness, color, contrast, etc.? It's very frustrating having to keep adjusting my TV's brightness depending on whether I'm watching the DTC-210, or every other device I have (prog DVD player, Media MVP, VCR, etc.).

My RCA DTC 210 has problems. I will not control major brand VCRs via IR emitter. Have tried Sony SLV-799HF, JVC HR-S2902U, Mitsubishi DS-U748. It does work with a cheep Synphonic.

I have RCA 210 and am happy except for the control of the VCR. This unit appears not to have the codes to control (via IR emitter) major brands of VCRs. It will work my Synphonic(junk). If you want to use the receiver to setup recording, use caution. Sony, JVC and Mitsubishi VCRs I have tested do not work with this receiver.

Do yourself a favor and buy a used LG or Zenith unit from Robert. Had a RCA for 1 week and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. The picture quality of the Zenith and LG units are much better, IMO.

Noted issues with the RCA:
* Horizontal line in middle of screen on fixed pixel displays on 1080i setting
* Soft image quality on 720P setting
* Tuner lockup on OTA channels with weak signal
* Autores through DVI connection only - no autores through component connection

As stated by a previous poster, these items (and more) are discussed in detail on a thread over at avsforum.com in the HDTV Hardware section.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts