RCA DTC100 Hot Audio/Padding Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
I purchased a used RCA DTC100 as I wanted something cheap that could pick up the West Coast Network Feed. I did not want to invest a lot into the STB as it will soon be obsolete for HDTV.

The audio on the RCA stereo output is much hotter than any other audio input on my TV. In fact, it sounds as if it is clipping the pre-amp in the STB even when I turn down the TV.

Is it common for the audio output to be so hot on this STB? Is there anyway to pad down the audio to the preamp so it's not clipping?

Thanks.

HDTVFanAtic said:
I purchased a used RCA DTC100 as I wanted something cheap that could pick up the West Coast Network Feed. I did not want to invest a lot into the STB as it will soon be obsolete for HDTV.

The audio on the RCA stereo output is much hotter than any other audio input on my TV. In fact, it sounds as if it is clipping the pre-amp in the STB even when I turn down the TV.

Is it common for the audio output to be so hot on this STB? Is there anyway to pad down the audio to the preamp so it's not clipping?

Thanks.

never had a problem w/ the DTC100 except on HD feeds, the audio will occasionally repeat itself for a few milliseconds. This is, of course, with the optical output. I've never used the analog.

It is probable that a resistor(chip) in the receiver Pre-amp PCB has shorted thereby decreasing resitance, and increasing current, based on what bp787 says, it isn't common, take it back, I'll wager the replacement will be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts