Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichardF

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Hi!

We have a member with a weird problem and wanted to see if there was any info here about it.

When I watch the directv HD channels especially the 1080 channels. When the picture moves vertically there is a small line running thru the middle of the screen the disrupts the picture. The line is only about 1/16" but it is still annoying. You can see it at other times but when the picture is moving vertically is when its the easiest to see. I havent seen the line on any off air HD shows or any progressive scanned dvd's so I dont think its the TV.

http://www.hdlibrary.com/viewtopic.php?t=1872

Thanks

RichardF said:
Hi!
We have a member with a weird problem and wanted to see if there was any info here about it. Thanks

This is the famous H-line problem that seems to be present with all DTC210. Some never notice it, but most find it eventually. It appears on all 1080i material when the camera does a slow vertical pan. There is a long thread here and at AVS that details the problem. The problem appears on both OTA 1080i and D* 1080i. It does not appear on 720p or 480i material. RCA and D* have been informed by many of us, but they ignore the problem. Most of the time when you call, they say that they have never heard of the problem and there is nothing in their database. Some users have replaced the STB 4-5 times and have the same problem each time.

Tonedeaf, the line is horizontal, the camera pans vertical. This is the same problem.

Thank you so much!

There is a long thread here

I tried a search for "h-line problem" and came up with this thread only. Could you please direct me to the best thread that I can send other people to?

RichardF said:
Thank you so much!
I tried a search for "h-line problem" and came up with this thread only. Could you please direct me?

Search for DTC210 and you will find it. I think the thread was titled "horizontal line sync problem" or something similar. The thread at AVS has much more information, but it takes a long time to read through 572 posts!

RichardF said:

Richard,
Since you are on the repair side of things, you might have better luck when it comes to dealing with RCA. Please let us know if you are able to come up with any kind of solution to this problem. There are many folks around who would like to see it fixed.

All satellite receivers must be turned in to a factory depot for repair due to copy protect issues. No manufacturer supports field service of these products. :no

If there is a fix it will have to come out of RCA and be handled by a repair depot. I would not hold my breath either based on the comments that have been made, the fact that there are likely many who are not even aware of the problem and it occurs only in 1080I. :no

RichardF said:
All satellite receivers must be turned in to a factory depot for repair due to copy protect issues. No manufacturer supports field service of these products. :no

If there is a fix it will have to come out of RCA and be handled by a repair depot. I would not hold my breath either based on the comments that have been made, the fact that there are likely many who are not even aware of the problem and it occurs only in 1080I. :no

Thanks for this info. Unless a software update fixes it (not likely) I will live with it until D* starts to implement new MPEG4 boxes.

billbillw said:
Thanks for this info. Unless a software update fixes it (not likely) I will live with it until D* starts to implement new MPEG4 boxes.

I had this issue with mine and called up D* and they sent me a different box in 2-3 days. Got the Hughes model and no more line in the middle. If you bought it from D* call them up they should replace it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)