Rcvrs on acct list- includes DTVPal

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
As I attempted to activate my second ViP722 (replacing a 721) on my account online, I noticed they had listed my DTVPal as a receiver.

Why in the world would they do that?

I doubt very seriously it's covered by DHPP. It's not "leased" nor does it have any Dish programming package even possible with it.

BTW, online activation failed, and it took two levels of CSRs and multiple attempts to get it activated.

Remember that spectrum that they bought not long ago? I also remember reading a long time ago that the local stations were planning on selling some of their subchannels to the public. Maybe Dish Network plans on having a service similar to what NorthPoint had. They could also have a satellite receiver inside that box to sell subscriptions in the future or plan on doing IPTV with that box.

I used my work address because the website wouldn't let customers purchase the dtvpal. It did let me use the same billing address but I don't see the dtvpal on my account.

They could also have a satellite receiver inside that box to sell subscriptions in the future or plan on doing IPTV with that box.
Not the DTVpal (or any CECB for that matter). No networking allowed. Hiding a satellite receiver in there (1) would be quite a feat and (2) would cost way too much for a CECB and (3) isn't allowed on a CECB.

USDTV didn't require big antennas did it?!

I love the dish method - I like that you can have TV service almost anywhere within the US, and you don't have to deal with localization crap. Well, aside from locals a 722 can be used in north cal and then taken to friggin' kentucky without so much as a switch reset.

They wouldn't know about mine either, I bought mine through solidsignal.com. That's really odd though that they would have the Dtvpal listed as a receiver on your account.

well, when you order it from the DTVPAL site, it recognizes your address has DISH Network and you have to call them to complete the order.

I'm guessing that flag is to make sure their subscriber knows they don't need DTVPAL to get local channels through DISH Network. You explain to them that it's for an analog TV in the garage not hooked up to DISH Network and they'll complete the order and you get your box.

Yes, it's a little pain in the butt to order if you are a customer, but I think it's to keep their customers from being angered they purchased something they don't need.

Setting up my 625

VIP622 TV2 tuner standby problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)