re:centerfeed dish

mrfredted

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
costa rica
Hey All...I seem to be having trouble getting this to you guys. I have acustomer who has an older 14', four section, fiberglass centerfeed dish. He has asked us to try y convert it to satellite 119 for DNW. We spent about five hours on it y can't seem to find the signal.Would the coordinates be different for that size than they would be for a 2.4m dish? Any help is really appreciated. We are based in Costa Rica.
Thanks in advance.

Cathy 09

offset or center feed

Hey All...I seem to be having trouble getting this to you guys. I have acustomer who has an older 14', four section, fiberglass centerfeed dish. He has asked us to try y convert it to satellite 119 for DNW. We spent about five hours on it y can't seem to find the signal.Would the coordinates be different for that size than they would be for a 2.4m dish? Any help is really appreciated. We are based in Costa Rica.
Thanks in advance.

Cathy 09

Is the 2.4 m dish an offset or prime focus? If the 2.4 is offset the yes the angles will be different. If not there is the possiblity that the 14' is not KU compatible and the mesh inside of it is not reflecting enuough signal back to the feedhorn. Also it has to have a DBS KU LNBF.

2 STRIKES against the dish working you are way out of the signal area for US reception. A fiberglass dish by it self can't reflect microwave signals they pass through the fiberglass. Inside the dish is a layer of metal to reflect the signal for "C" band hole size didn't have to be as small or as perfectly shaped so most Fiberglass dishes did not perform well at Ku band frequencies. There are exceptions like "Prodelins" but most fiberglass dishes were "cheap" and worked for "C" band but little else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)