Re-ordering Dish???

bartman99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2010
Virginia
Hi,

Last week I had an installer come out to do a new E* install. There was no LOS for locals so I canceled (and received an email with a cancellation notice). Details can be found in this post. I have never had dish before, just a single, recent, aborted install.

Anyway, based on the feedback here, I have decided to go ahead with the install and "move" so I can get the networks. What's the best way to do this? I am thinking there are several option:

1. Go to the online ordering site and initiate another brand new order.
  2. Call E* CSR and give them my previous order number and say I want to re-instate it.
  3. Directly call the installer they sent out and tell him I've reconsidered.
  4. Call a local/private E* provider for the install.
B

If you can not get LOS in your current house this tells me you might not be able to move to get other locals from another city since that dish thats pointed at your house will not be able to pick up a signal at all where the next city you move to will have the signal on the same SAT ( ie; 61.5 ). You alos have to look at spot beams if you do move the spot beam from another city will not reach you.

If you can not get LOS in your current house this tells me you might not be able to move to get other locals from another city since that dish thats pointed at your house will not be able to pick up a signal at all where the next city you move to will have the signal on the same SAT ( ie; 61.5 ). You alos have to look at spot beams if you do move the spot beam from another city will not reach you.

My home locals are on 129. I cannot get a LOS for 129. Washington DC locals are on 61.5. I can get a LOS for 61.5 with the eastern arc 1000.4. This part of the reasoning seems to be pretty well agreed upon based on my previous posting.
B

It is possible, but that is not always the case. I was installed with Western Arc in an Eastern Arc market and there are quite a few usable spotbeams for me on 129 even though my locals are on 61.5. I settled with Atlanta which is a good 200 miles south. Probably more like 160 to 180 if I could plow through mountains though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)