Re TV Official Remote Control Replacement

Otto Matheny

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I bought a silver comcast remote & thought it would work with a QIP 6416. I tried to setup the remote to activate the cable box.I entered 0467 but it never did work. I would like to know if anyone else has tried this.I Have Verizon in the tampa area.

I got my two Comcast remotes from Ebay (2 for $10 Free shipping). Yes, there were more of them! Go get one right now. Scoot!

Now this is the remote verizon needs...although they are currently testing a new remote. I hope it is as good or better than the Comcast remote. It just feels better in you hand then that horrible Verizon one.

Anyways, here's the info to setup the Comcast Silver remote for the FIOS TV Motorola 64xx series DVRs.

Setup Motorola 64xx series DVR = code 0476

1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Enter "0476", which is a General Instruments code that works with the 6412 and 6416.
4. Cable Light should blink twice, indicating setting is successful

Add 30 Second Skip:

If you have a remote with the setup button, do the following:
1) Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2) Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3) Type in the code 994. (This tells it you are doing a custom command)
The "Cable" button will blink twice
4) Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button
5) Type in the code 00173 (for 30 second skip)
6) Press whatever button you want to map the skip, swap, or unmute function to. (I used the "A" button)

Additional Info: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15992012?hilite=remote

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)