Reached my limit with 921

volfan615

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
I left the following post tonight on the other forum (DBSTalk) but wanted to leave it here also in case my negative DISH post is deleted over there.

Title says it all! I've only had this box for a month and I am through with it and probably DISH Network as well. Tonight while watching an OTA channel we pause the program and are about 14 minutes behind. After resuming we are a couple of minutes in to it when it freezes and then reboots. Every other night there is another problem. And then my wife looks at me and ask why in the hell we spent $500 on this piece of s**t.

When I called Dish tonight to report this the CSR was very rude and coudn't understand why I was upset and frustrated. He then continued to tell me why the 921 was such a great box.

I've been a DISH customer for about 5 years now but I don't think I can take any more of this. There is about to be a 921, 2 811's and a 501 for sale on Ebay.

Ahh yes, another satisfied customer with E*. I understand they have a new PR boss.

bob.jpg

You can reach him at:

Baghdad_Bob@dishnetwork.com

He will also replace Charley on the Charlie Chat segments.

Baghdad Bob: There is nothing wrong with the 921!!!! It is the American infidels who don't know how to use it!!!! ;)

nuts4scuba said:
Baghdad Bob: There is nothing wrong with the 921!!!! It is the American infidels who don't know how to use it!!!! ;)

How true! How many times have I heard that from the CSRs, the Executive Office, and the 811 Engineering Team of E*. Must be the user!

Well, its not only the box, its the whole Dish Network package. When I first got Dish in early 97, I was so excited. There were so many channels, and the quality was nearly DVD. Each month, I looked forward to the Charlie Chat because new channels were being announced (not locals or foreign specialty channels). Now, cable looks like the better deal. All local networks in HD, many more HD offerings like Cinemax, Strarz, ESPN2. Goodlife TV, Oxygen, etc. Dish just keeps raising rates and doesn't improve its performance.

As a 921 owner, its a frustrating experience, but I'm just tired of hoping things get better, because they never seem to do so. I guess I'm still with Dish because I'm loyal, but if the cable guy knocked on my door now, and offered to pay me something for the Dish network equipment, I'd be very tempted to get rid of Dish. I'm just too lazy at this point to be proactive about it. But I do feel I'm not getting my money's worth anymore, at over $100 per month for this stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts