P287 - Problems with Audio

Oakenshld

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
:mad:

I know it was supposed to fix some Dolby issues with certain receivers, but it messed mine up. :mad:

I got it Wedensday night, and did'nt use the unit until i got home from work yesterday.

I have an off-brand (liquid video) reciever. I have had the optical audio hooked into the unit for 8 months with no problems at all...until ..287.

Now every time I change channels, to any from any Sat SD, Sat HD, OTA SD or OTA HD, I get about a second of this horrible loud very quick tapping sound before the audio comes in clear. It sounds like a helicopter blade hitting wax paper, and about as loud too. It is VERY annoying.

I have soft reset the box twice and unplugged for 30 minutes. I have tried switching back to dolby only or PCM only and then back again to both..Still there. Anyone else? If I cant fgure it out tonight, looks like I may call for a replacement.

oak

This is similar to the problem I have been having since I got my 811 almost a year ago. If I try to use digital (optical) out, I get the loud heli sound. Only difference is that mine does not go away, it continues indefinitely leaving my only with the option of PCM. I have an older Technics AC-3 decoder. I am still on 284 and hoping that 287 will finally address this issue.

Wouldn't suprise me :(

Every time dish adds support to fix issues others were having, those that werent having the issues start getting them in future updates :(

I don't have 287 yet, so hopefully I wont get screwed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)