Reader App is Different

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the app was based on Tapatalk and if so, they make updates constantly. They might not update the 'branded' versions as often but eventually they'll catch them up.

I thought the app was based on Tapatalk and if so, they make updates constantly. They might not update the 'branded' versions as often but eventually they'll catch them up.
Well, I don't know what happened. It was just different all of a sudden. I use my cell phone most of the time for reading the SatGuys threads. Then when I want to reply on one I usually will use my laptop. What is Tapatalk? How can I tell if I am using it or some other version? What is the other version called? What ever I am using now looks more like the web base on my laptop. I like it better because now when I want to watch a new thread I can also select to get email notifications. Whatever I was using before I never did find where to select to receive email notifications for a new thread.

Well, I don't know what happened. It was just different all of a sudden. I use my cell phone most of the time for reading the SatGuys threads. Then when I want to reply on one I usually will use my laptop. What is Tapatalk? How can I tell if I am using it or some other version? What is the other version called? What ever I am using now looks more like the web base on my laptop. I like it better because now when I want to watch a new thread I can also select to get email notifications. Whatever I was using before I never did find where to select to receive email notifications for a new thread.

Could be your User Agent setting got changed with the update. Very annoyingly the Push Notifications got turned on when it updated for me. I turned it off once but it turned back on when I restarted my phone. One more try to keep it off or I will learn to live without the app....

Could be your User Agent setting got changed with the update. Very annoyingly the Push Notifications got turned on when it updated for me. I turned it off once but it turned back on when I restarted my phone. One more try to keep it off or I will learn to live without the app....
What is User Agent setting? Where is the setting located?

It's a choice under settings. It makes the app use a mobile layout or more what it looks like as a computer layout. (In some apps also some other choices)

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's a choice under settings. It makes the app use a mobile layout or more what it looks like as a computer layout. (In some apps also some other choices)
OK, I found the User Agent setting under settings. Two choices: Most Compatible and Mobile Only. My setting was on Most Compatible. I changed it to Mobile Only. I don't see any changes even after logging out and back in. So, I think my old setting was Mobile Only before the update came yesterday. After the update the setting changed to Most Compatible which I like better. So two questions: Why isn't the Mobile Only setting not working for me? And, what is Tapatalk and where is it? Don't see it anymore.

My layout (android) is different also, but I liked it immediately so have not explored any further or to analyze exactly what is different.

OK I have it loaded now on my tablet. It looks like the iOS version does.

Seems to be working OK in my short time playing with it.

Remember we have ZERO control over the app the Tapatalk folks do as they wish. So when there are updates like this some of you find out before me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using the SatelliteGuys app!

OK I have it loaded now on my tablet. It looks like the iOS version does.

Seems to be working OK in my short time playing with it.

Remember we have ZERO control over the app the Tapatalk folks do as they wish. So when there are updates like this some of you find out before me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using the SatelliteGuys app!

OK, thanks. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts