Ready to move to Bright House

wbrightfl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
After 9 years with Dish I am ready to move to BH. It would have been sooner but Dish gave me a lot of free programming to keep me from canceling and that free programming has just ended. I love Dish's DVRs and quality HD picture, but I am over their extended programming disputes and I want AMC back before Walking Dead begins.

My question to anyone out there. Am I able to request a certain model HD DVR when I call to request the install? Which Central Florida Bright House HD DVR model is the best (closest to the DISH HD DVRs)? Am I able to request 2 HD DVRs instead of the whole house DVR set up or is the whole house dvr the better model to go with?

Looking forward to getting AMC back, along with FearNet HD.

Thanks....

You would probably be better served to visit a local Brighthouse sales office and have someone sell you on one of their regionally available models.

After 9 years with Dish I am ready to move to BH. It would have been sooner but Dish gave me a lot of free programming to keep me from canceling and that free programming has just ended. I love Dish's DVRs and quality HD picture, but I am over their extended programming disputes and I want AMC back before Walking Dead begins.

My question to anyone out there. Am I able to request a certain model HD DVR when I call to request the install? Which Central Florida Bright House HD DVR model is the best (closest to the DISH HD DVRs)? Am I able to request 2 HD DVRs instead of the whole house DVR set up or is the whole house dvr the better model to go with?

Looking forward to getting AMC back, along with FearNet HD.

Thanks....

Call me or email me your details at BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com and I'll make it happen for you....welcome home :)

Call me or email me your details at BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com and I'll make it happen for you....welcome home :)

Thanks but I just had BH installed this morning. I requested the best HD DVRs and I got 2 of the Cisco 8742HDC model. The installer was terrific.

First impressions after a couple hours:

Pros:

Programming - I am getting every channel that I like to watch. This is why I left Dish. I aready set my DVR to record 2 movies off FEARnet! I have AMC HD again so ready for the new season of the Walking Dead. Programming and cost wise Bright House currently has Dish beat.

On Demand - My God this is great. Watching an episode of the Big Bang Theory right now. Large selection of shows on demand and they begin instantly. Dish's On Demand doesn't come close to BH.

Cons -
Programming guide is terrible. You can only look at 5 channels at one time and those 5 channels are compressed into a small area in the middle of the screen. Channel preview upper right and a lot of wasted space around the borders. No option that I can find in the settings to change the guide layout. I have to use my reading glasses to read the guide so big let down on this function.

Channel assignments confusing. Dish has the SD and HD version of each channel using the same channel number with the option to mask the SD version if there is a HD version available. BH has different channel numbers for HD versions and no where near the SD version. Example BBC America SD on channel 153, BBC Amercia HD on channel 1278.

HD Quality varies. Many HD channels are beautiful, same or better than Dish. Some HD channels don't appear to be HD but it says it is. The channels I mostly watch look great so not a big concern.

Overall I am happy so far. I did call in to BH and requested they improve the programming guide to make it easier to read. The Rep I talked to said that this is a common complaint and that he would add my request to the others.

wbrightfl, a hint for you that I did not learn for YEARS!...

If you are on an SD station channel, press select. If there is an HD version of that channel, an option to switch to it shows in a pop up (along with other options).

Agree on the guide. Other provider's guides seem better laid out and easier to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)