ready to start

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Okay, I got all my stuff ready to go.

downfalls, 18" dish and circular LNB, that's a problem...

I guess I can still get some FTA stuff.

My location is Quincy IL 62301

What bird would be best for me to point at to get the strongest sig. I guess I am pretty much stuck with audio channels.... Hoping to at the least get the NASA channel as I like science. :)

havenx said:
WIll my single LNB be able to pick them both up? It looks like they are both at 119 W but do I need to adjust the skew for each dish or will my single LNB grab them both?

pick up both L & R polarities? yes the single will

Since its circular, skew is not needed :)

Iceberg said:
pick up both L & R polarities? yes the single will

Since its circular, skew is not needed :)

sweet, that is the best thing I have heard about my system all day, LOL!

Okay so what do I set the skew at... like 38 or 40 or something to get both dishes?

I'm slightly confused, sorry.

single & dual in MOST cases wil pick up both. Only difference is 1 or 2 outputs

There are some old LNB's (mostly on Primestar dishes) that have 2 outputs but will only do V or H polarity, not both

Sorry, maybe I was not clear or was missing something... I am gonna set it at 119 W but to get the best reflection where should I set the skew... Cause I'm workin with an 18" dish here.... Or does that not even matter... As you know, and can tell I am new to this.

I might be using the wrong term, I am talking about adjusting the dish frontwards and backwards...

Hell, I'm just gonna try it and see how it goes.

So I got my 2700A up, uhh it was neat; however, I had no luck finding a bird up there. I pretty much got everything figured out except for one silly thing I over looked. I THOGHT I understood how to operate a compass but since boy scouts many years ago I must have forgot. I know how to tell north south east and west and etc with the device however I am not for sure anymore how to know the degree. My compass has the moveable dial for the degrees but I forgot the fundamentals to set to the degrees I need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts