Ready to Switch to DirecTV and leave cable/Suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtrippe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Wetumpka, Alabama
I am going to switch today to DirecTV from Brighthouse cable. I want the new Geenie and Choice Ultimate. I've got an account number from a friend so the both of us will get $10 for ten months due to the referral. What is the best way to sign up for DirecTV and get the best deals? Call DirecTV directly or one of this sites sponsors? Any recommendations? I live in 36092.

Thanks!

Thanks all. I signed up by calling DirecTV. Install is Monday morning. Got Choice Ultimate w/ HD Extra Pack and the Genie with one client. Got the discount for my friend and myself as well. Looking forward to it. I had Dish for years and then cable for the last year. I asked them to bring and install an AM21 so I could get my local CW in HD and the sub channels. Hopefully they bring it. It's not on the order listed when I log in but when I call they say it's listed in the notes.

I hope they bring you an AM21, but if it's not on the work order.....

I am going to switch today to DirecTV from Brighthouse cable. I want the new Geenie and Choice Ultimate. I've got an account number from a friend so the both of us will get $10 for ten months due to the referral. What is the best way to sign up for DirecTV and get the best deals? Call DirecTV directly or one of this sites sponsors? Any recommendations? I live in 36092.

Thanks!

There are deals out there that offer you and your friend a $100 Visa card up front. You get the money all at once and don't have to apply it to your bill.

Install is today and installer just called. Said he be here in about and hour and half because he had to stop by the warehouse. He said there were notes on the account that I wanted an antenna setup. I told him that's not what I asked for. I asked for an AM21 to hook my antenna up to. The DirecTV reps I talked to by phone didn't speak very good English so that probably caused a communication problem. Anyway, the tech didn't know what an AM21 was until I described it to him. He said he would check the warehouse. Are those usually stored at the warehouse or will I have to order one?

Looking forward to the install. I have everything setup for him wire-wise and HDMI, ethernet, coax ready in both rooms.

It's likely you will have to order one. Maybe you will get lucky and they will have one in stock. Solid Signal is a good place to look.

mdavej said:
1080i (or Native if you prefer excruciatingly slow channel changes).

I use native and its not excruciatingly painful; its actually rather quick. I can change channels faster then I could when I had Comcrap.

With my Samsung the TV, the channel changes are beyond painful. It's the single most annoying thing so I just leave it on 1080i. But on my LGTV, channel changes are fine and SD looks better with the native on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)