Realigning Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KONAKING

Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
UTAH
Hi there I just moved my dish from one spot to another and now I dont get any thing from 99 All my other sats coming in strong. 101 98% 110 96% 119 98% and 103 82%and like I said nothing from 99 what gives. I have gone through the alignment and set up a few times. I have also changed b bands. Any I deas could I have possibly lost the 99 lnb in the move ?

Slimline 5 lnb with HR22

From watching my installer align my new 5 lnb, I can tell you that a hair in movement of elevation or azimuth can cause the signal to drop quite a bit.

It's VERY hard to align a slimline 5 without the correct meter.

It typically costs $49 to have an installer realign a dish. However....just add the protection plan, which is $6 per month, then call and get your free alignment, before your next billing cycle is instated, drop the PP. You get a realignment for $6.

From watching my installer align my new 5 lnb, I can tell you that a hair in movement of elevation or azimuth can cause the signal to drop quite a bit.

It's VERY hard to align a slimline 5 without the correct meter.

Patience .....
Fwiw, a slight move here is a move to hit the Sats at 22,000 miles up in the sky.

You can do fine without a meter, you have one built into the recvr, just not as convenient.

KONAKING,
Your very close...

Check to make sure your mast is plumb, very important.

If your only moving from one place to another on the same property, the only adjustment that should be needed would be azimuth .... (left and right) provided the original install was accurate.

Once that is locked in, from the numbers above, your close, I would look at the Fine Tuning adjustments.

Thanks I will keep working at it today. I also have many missing channels not jut the locals. Can this be caused by bad alignment also.

Thanks I will keep working at it today. I also have many missing channels not jut the locals. Can this be caused by bad alignment also.

Yes, are they HD, chances are they are on the 103 Sat.

Btw, you are using the BBC's as well, right ?
Scratch that, you must be if your getting the 99 already.

Yes, are they HD, chances are they are on the 103 Sat.

Btw, you are using the BBC's as well, right ?
Scratch that, you must be if your getting the 99 already.

yes they are HD channels and I do have BBC,s in there but I have no 99 reception at all 0%

yes they are HD channels and I do have BBC,s in there but I have no 99 reception at all 0%

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

As others have said, you are probably close to having it aligned. First, it would help to have someone at the tv checking the signal strength meters. Then, push slightly and hold on one side, maybe a 1/2" or so, then check the meters. What happens to the numbers, do they go up or down? Then do the same for the other side. That should give you an indication of which way the dish needs to move. Then loosen the hold down bolts slightly, enough to allow the dish to move without getting wobbly, and move the dish a little in that direction, checking the meters to be sure you are getting better numbers. With some patience you can do this!

raoul5788 said:
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

As others have said, you are probably close to having it aligned. First, it would help to have someone at the tv checking the signal strength meters. Then, push slightly and hold on one side, maybe a 1/2" or so, then check the meters. What happens to the numbers, do they go up or down? Then do the same for the other side. That should give you an indication of which way the dish needs to move. Then loosen the hold down bolts slightly, enough to allow the dish to move without getting wobbly, and move the dish a little in that direction, checking the meters to be sure you are getting better numbers. With some patience you can do this!

With the numbershe das, I would think the ditheringv would be the way to go.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Move it 6 ways from sunday to day and I cannot get the 99's or one of the 103's. My numbers are not much different my neighbors. 101's are in the high 90's. I can get 97's on 101 and the move it side to side and it just goes down from there. same with 119 with the tilt. I am missing all of my HD Channels except for the locals

Is a swim system set up easier to align and can I use the same dish. I am going to borrow the in-laws swim LNB and power inverter just to see if my lnb is bad.

Move it 6 ways from sunday to day and I cannot get the 99's or one of the 103's. My numbers are not much different my neighbors. 101's are in the high 90's. I can get 97's on 101 and the move it side to side and it just goes down from there. same with 119 with the tilt. I am missing all of my HD Channels except for the locals

Is a swim system set up easier to align and can I use the same dish. I am going to borrow the in-laws swim LNB and power inverter just to see if my lnb is bad.

Pointing the dish is the same.

so if i think I have my dish aligned right all I need to do is change out the lnb ?

If you THINK you have the dish installed correctly, bring the neighbors recvr over and hook it up and see what you get.
Make sure to look and see exactly what setting they are on in the manus first and make sure to re run the Sat Set up.

I will try that also. If I think I have an lnb problem it would be same with any recvr right. They also have a new smaller swm 3 lnb so im sure the alignment is different for those or am I wrong. What I find odd is that I have half the 103 sat

I will try that also. If I think I have an lnb problem it would be same with any recvr right. They also have a new smaller swm 3 lnb so im sure the alignment is different for those or am I wrong. What I find odd is that I have half the 103 sat

The alignment is the same for all lnbs on a Slimline dish. Have you checked the cables? You may have a stray strand of wire causing a short.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts