Really Jerky Motion

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Since we came back from the Thanksgiving holiday, I've really noticed a lot of jerky motion. I used to see it occasionally, but virtually everything we watched last weekend looked terrible. It resembles judder when hardware fails to do 3:2 pulldown correctly. It was especially noticeable on Outlander last night, and a recording of Annihilation from the EPIX free preview back in October (I think), but I noticed it to some degree on everything we watched live or recorded on the Hopper3 connected to my Sony XBR70X800B. The Joeys connected to non-UHD TVs do not seem to exhibit the judder. Other sources connected to the TV do not exhibit the issue. Also, On-Demand doesn't seem to have the issue. I looked at the same scenes from Inside Out recorded from Starz vs. the OnDemand version. No judder was observed on OnDemand while it was there on the recording.

Anyone else seeing this?

Pulling the lug seems to have sorted it out for the moment. In re-watching Annihilation, I do not see the jerkiness in the same scenes where I noticed it before.

Reactions: LQQK and dare2be
Well, the plug pulling seems to have only fixed this for about a week. Sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)