Really messes me up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkr0923

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2004
South
I know this isn't D* related but couldn't find a place for it. Is anyone else feed up with the programs that go 1 or 2 mins past on the hour mark. Like Revenge or The Walking Dead runs to 9:01 sometimes 9:02, this really F'ups my other recording. Most of the time it's next weeks previews anyway in that extra time. To bad you can't stop recording at a set time. Can go long...but can't stop short lol

I just set the buffer to go an extra 1 or 2 minutes.....The only time I had an issue is on Fridays during college hockey season. Last Man Standing runs til 7:31 Central time and that hockey game started at 7:30 (and 4 other things are going besides LMS)

But if I'm recording and want to record 2 other things at 9 I can't because it runs to 9:02....gives me a conflict.

I think the networks are doing this on purpose to make DVRs inconvenient. They want you to watch live and see all the rude commercial interruptions. DVRs are like what Caller ID is to telemarketers. Foiling their plan!

I wish there was a George Costanza mode and stop short option. But to mitigate conflicts, on cable networks at least, look for midnight replays of hit shows. That usually saves the day for me!

I know this isn't D* related but couldn't find a place for it. Is anyone else feed up with the programs that go 1 or 2 mins past on the hour mark. Like Revenge or The Walking Dead runs to 9:01 sometimes 9:02, this really F'ups my other recording. Most of the time it's next weeks previews anyway in that extra time. To bad you can't stop recording at a set time. Can go long...but can't stop short lol

You could set up a manual recording for that time slot. Menu-Manage recordings-Manual. You get to set the start and stop times that way.

You could set up a manual recording for that time slot. Menu-Manage recordings-Manual. You get to set the start and stop times that way.

Good call.

didnt know you had only a 2 tuner unit.

Isn't it funny how having a 2 tuner DVR used to be "cutting edge" great, but now almost obsolete the way the networks operate these days. The saving grace for me and my 2 tuner DVR is that I can record 2 shows and watch a 3rd with my OTA set-up when need be. Also the way TNT replays some of their best shows 2 hours later allows me to record the 2nd showing.

I think most people have a 2 tuner unit. They've been available in the last 10 years or more, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes have 2 tuner unit, been with D* for 10yrs and not going to pay $200 and then $6 or more a month lease for a new one every other year or so when they come out with a new one. Ridiculous the way companies treat there long term customers.

Yes have 2 tuner unit, been with D* for 10yrs and not going to pay $200 and then $6 or more a month lease for a new one every other year or so when they come out with a new one. Ridiculous the way companies treat there long term customers.

Or you could do what I do. Switch between directv and dish every 2 years. You always get the latest equipment and the best deals!

Like **** I would pay $120 a month for directv after my contract expires. They really do have to be kidding.

Isn't it funny how having a 2 tuner DVR used to be "cutting edge" great, but now almost obsolete the way the networks operate these days. Also the way TNT replays some of their best shows 2 hours later allows me to record the 2nd showing.

alot of my cable shows they do that (the west coast prime time viewing) but if you record a lot of network shows then I can see the issue

I agree, they expect you to commit to another 2 years everytime they bring out a new recvr.

Or you could do what I do. Switch between directv and dish every 2 years. You always get the latest equipment and the best deals!

Like **** I would pay $120 a month for directv after my contract expires. They really do have to be kidding.

Oh you'd be surprised, plenty of us spend more than that monthly .

I can't switch every two years like you unless I want to lose my NFL teams.

I can't switch because I'm in an Eastern Arc market for Dish so I would lose HD locals if they were forced to put up a western arc dish due to the tree layout on my property.

Thought about cable, but they only have one HD channel of each premium. They have more "regular" channels in HD than DirecTV but the premium offerings stink. Their guide and mpeg2 non whole home DVR stinks too.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts