Really Physically Moving...what to expect?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

williamkmurphy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Bills Country
So sometime in the next 3 months I am physically moving, most likely in the same city, and I am wondering what to expect...

Dishes:
Elliptical Dish (Super?) I think pointed at 3 sats
Round Dish at 61.5

I think the switch is a dp44

Vip622--about half way through 18 month contract

I guess my questions are what equipment am I expected to take with me? Obviously the receiver. Am I taking the switch and associated power inserter?

Will they remove the dishes from the roof or do they just get left behind for the next tenant?

Will dish do a new standard install for free? Any other surprises lurking?

You can leave the old dish and switch at your old house. Just bring the receivers and remotes. Dish will set you up at your new house with a new dish, and switch, if necessary. Easy and painless. Hopefully your new house has good Line of site for the satellites!

The only thing they'll require is that you sign a new 24 month contract, to get the movers promotion free. (Dish went to 24 month contracts as of Feb. 1st)

Argh...24mo contracts?! I hate contracts. I'll be in the same boat come April...just put in a contract on a house about 4 mi from where I am now.

Not that I plan on leaving Dish anytime soon thereafter--its just the principle of the thing.

I guess I shouldn't gripe, though, as it might be a bit of a labor-intensive install. 2 622s, 1 222...3 rooms on two levels. And I might have a OTA antenna to work in as well.

I'm moving Friday... To avoid the contract, I'm just going to use my 411 for peaking and install the damn dish myself. All the cabling in the house is good, I made sure throughout construction, so it should be easy! I did the same thing for the house I am in now.

if you have dhpp, it allows for one free dishmover per year. also, if you have refferred someone with the clubdish program, that will also get you a free dishmover with no commit. you got three months, find a friend to sign up.

If you are still under a contract you do not have to re new it but I would recomend that if their is cabling in the house I would rip it out !!!!! If not when something does happend you will not have that dought that the coax was old to start with.

Options are as follows

Dhpp = free movers each year + cinemax free for 3 months
Club dish = free movers + cinemax free for 3 months

24 month commit = free movers + 3 mo cinemax free

regular movers cost 99.95 .. not sure on the free cinemax with this one.

Also conssider when you move.. why leave the switch behind?? you can resell it! or use it if the other one craps out. Dish installs new dishes for customers anyway or when they move, dont leave it behind!

Other options you have is that a retailer can do a movers for you, also with dish you get a 90 day warranty on install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)